Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events [b]EHT Track Rebuild Schedule[/b]

• This topic has 9 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCooter

We have gone over our schedule and have come up with a time line for redoing the track. Here it is:

Dec 2 (sat) and 3(sun): begin around 9am tearing the turns out as well as piling what good soil we can save. Also, breaking up old asphalt and having it hauled out.

Dec 4, 5, 6, 7 (mon, tue, wed, thur): Continue tearing down the turns as well as the first, second and forth straight jumps. Seperating good soil and fill dirt. I will post the times I expect to be out there working on these days.

Dec 9 (sat) and 10 (sun): Rebuilding the turns. 1st turn will be pushed back approx 10ft and stretched toward the 3rd turn to give the option of more speed and action. 2nd turn will be revamped for speed, and 3rd turn will be touched up.

Dec 11, 13, 14 (mon, wed, thur): Whatever still needs to be finished.

**Dec 15th (fri) Most important day**: Asphalting the turns. I know everyone is saying, “Why on a friday?” The asphalt plants in the area don’t deliver on weekends so we have to make do with what we have. This is the most critical day. We are going to need atleast 5 people to help out. I know this is a work day for most of you as well as us, but, we need what ever help we can get. Do what you can, we understand if you can’t get the whole day off or even a portion of the day, but we will be there and hope you will be there also.

The rest of the jumps and straights will be completed throughout the winter. We want to get the turns done and asphalted now while we still have some good weather. We will post when we are working on the track thru the off season and keep everyone updated on progress.

I hope all that have had problems with the tracks current layout and condition can come out to help. I will personally make sure that anyone who shows up is fed and kept hydrated! If you can’t make it out to help, we understand, Just please, don’t bad mouth us or the track after the fact now is your chance to make a difference. As always, anyone who helps will be appreciated!!!

Please PM me with days you will be able to come out and “play”. This way I have an idea what help we will have. Thanks again in advance to anyone who helps out!!!!

Chris Vliet
    Assistant Track Director
    EHT BMX

bmxgirlmom

I hope all that have had problems with the tracks current layout and condition can come out to help. I will personally make sure that anyone who shows up is fed and kept hydrated! If you can’t make it out to help, we understand, Just please, don’t bad mouth us or the track after the fact now is your chance to make a difference.

Amen!

paulc

Asphalt placement in December? Just a thought, but you might get better results if you placed it in the spring. If it is cold out, it will cool very quickly as you are placing it in a thin lift etc.

s4lnj

season restarts while still in winter– so it has to be soon

phantom

I agree you should rethink your asphalting of turns in winter.I use to lay asphalt not sure what is the coldest temps it can be aplied.I would hate to see all the hardwork got to waste.I dont think anyone will have a problem shutting down in the spring and laying it down for awsome turns before the national.

bmiddaugh

Is it a “winter” thing or a temperature thing?

Temps have been pretty mild lately.

bmxgirlmom

I may be wrong, but I think Les and crew have always done the rebuilds, including the asphalt in winter.

bmiddaugh

I guess all opinions should be held until we see how all you guys do down there…
    I mean if everyone shows up to work on this it should work out ok, no?

I don’t think Chris is going to turn anyone away from helping, so therefore whatever day you can show, go and see what is going on.

phantom

I just want to see eggharbor get a good rebuild on the turns.

paulc

It is both a winter thing and a temperature thing. In PA, the asphalt plants usually shut down shortly after Thanksgiving, not sure about NJ. In PA usually 40 degrees on and rising for placing asphalt. If it is mild out, then you should be OK. The other thing to consider is settlement of the soil in the newly placed turns over the winter. You may end up with cracked/broken asphalt. If this has all been done in the past in the winter as Janeen says then it is probably not a big deal.

s4lnj

a few years ago they got rid of the “s” turn before the last straight, and the new turn was laid in december– seems to have held up pretty well

4130forlife

why dont we just use “dirt” berms??????

RaidenHayden

Dave dirt is cool, no doubt, but unless you have a ton of volunteers, it’s a pain to maintain

RaidenHayden

No word on how they made out yesterday?

RaidenHayden

Anyone know how they are making out?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.