Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old BEACON BIKES

• This topic has 6 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Okay we all know beacon does not”support the track” I For one do not like the fact that they will sell you a bike but you can get no racing info. The one thing that will change this is everyrider going in there and asking do you have thhis do you have this? I know they had a team at one point. I have talked to alot of people with no bmx knowledge and they say that it is a bad business move to let another vendor come with a trailer and sell stuff. I have nothing against andy( hell i wish he owned beacon) but he is not there every sunday.

I have been anti beacon but that is going to change. If we can get beacon to promote the track,that will be a big help.

bmxmom156

beacon always had a very competitive state team a few yrs back… in fact daryl used to work on the kids bikes and be backed up with repairs/ builds etc. i dont know what happened. they used to have a deal when you could bring in dans ad and they would match any price ( without shipping) it was pretty good since i always thought they were overpriced compared to other shops… what about the dad who goes for the first time to that track and has to deal with changing the infamous 1 1/8 cruiser tube? what a nightmare, would be nice to be able to go in and have some assistance or a quick change during a race day.

i have no idea what happened.

rodney

Man if I had a track behind my shop talk about support .I match dans all day come check me out . No bmx racing in stock but get anything lots of freestyle !!!We are not super close to the track but I think well worth the trip

4130forlife

beacon sucks

BIGANT-DOG

beacon sucks

Yes it does dave. but it would be better in the long run to convince them to not suck.

bmiddaugh

How to convince Beacon BMX does not suck.

$$$

Easy enough.

BIGANT-DOG

If they had more product more people would go in. So we have to go in there and start baderging them.

rodney

some people you cant change f em once they go out of business maybe some one with a heart for what a gold mine they have right behind them may take over

bmxmom156

yea would be nice to have a high gear right there next to the track…

hint hint….. :wink:!

RaidenHayden

Uh, if they went out of business would the track remain??? Might be shooting yourself in the foot

bmxmom156

why do you say that? do they own the land back there or something?

bmiddaugh

The Gleasons own the land.
    CJ as Dale said, “Ain’t going nowhere”.

Rod, I believe that beacon LEASES that store from the Gleasons….now if High Gear felt like expanding and had a feasible business plan from someone who truly had a heart for BMX, I bet if I introduced them to Carol she would be willing to listen…

Just a thought.

Again…dang you guys just aren’t hearing this.
    There is no more $$ in racing, so they are not gonna care…
    Do any other freestylers care to elaborate on the years 1990-1996?

RaidenHayden

My point was Deb, if the shop owned the land, why would you want it to shut down as some stated

RaidenHayden

The other end of the whole Beacon debate should have served as a wake up call, in simple terms, they are saying that BMX just isn’t worth their time!!! Hello, make it worth their time, or any other shop

bmxmom156

exactly… i was hoping that they didnt sell the property with the business/shop… whew!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.