Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Banquet?

• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ihatem

Does anyone know what’s going on about the banquet, and which track is bringing what this year?

Last year Flemington brought desserts.

4130forlife

with all the $ it cost for the state races.. there has got to be $ somewhere to have it catered

ihatem

You would think,right?

Do they have it at the Incline Club every year or do they choose different locations?

4130forlife

one year we had it at some hotel in edison, and one year they had it at great adventure.. but that was a LONG time ago

i see no problem with it at the incline club.. but have it catered with a zillion different foods..

CrazyCraig

I am on this committee as well. Only 3 people volunteered for this: Me, Janeen & Lisa Heath. I am not ranting, but hope more express an interest for next year.

We are looking at possibly the weekend before Thanksgiving. BUT, this is not definite yet. Crazy thing is, my wife just reminded me of a wedding we are going to that weekend. Can you believe it? First cousin on her dad’s side. Gotta go. So I may miss the party I help plan.

Dave – once again, valid point. Last year not much money was left over after paying for everything else. B*tch all you want, but its a fact.

The Incline Club is a possibility, but we are working on one or two other ideas, plus discussing some ideas with the Cranmers should we have it there again.

Depending on where we have it will impact the food choices, but believe it or not, an expenditure of this size has to be voted on should we want to cater it. However, I will bring it up with the committee.

tpbmxtd

@CrazyCraig wrote:

We are looking at possibly the weekend before Thanksgiving. BUT, this is not definite yet.

Craig before any date is made for the banquet, I wanted to let you know that we have our last race of the season on that Saturday.

bmxmom1001

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to have the banquet on a day when no tracks are racing? Isn’t Pottstown racing the weekend before Thanksgiving? It wouldn’t be fair for them to miss out on it since they did have riders to get state numbers this year.

bmxmom156

we had the banquet at liberty science center one yr it was nice the awards/ plates were given out in the auditorium then riders/ families could walk around the center/ do whatever…

this was many moons ago…

TenaciousD

Hey i remember the great Adventure banquet….fun times.

CrazyCraig

@tpbmxtd wrote:

Craig before any date is made for the banquet, I wanted to let you know that we have our last race of the season on that Saturday.

Thanks Glenn – I just emailed Lisa & Janeen on that. I appreciate the heads up!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.