Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old asbury park press

• This topic has 7 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tuffneck

the article on the championship is in todays paper or go online its in the reporter section

RFarside
    CrazyCraig

Nice work Brett & Scott Cranmer with the info they gave the reporter. I have seen newspaper stories in the past where the reporters totally mess things up and paint the wrong picture, but it appears this guy really listened to you and got the right idea.

Lets get this guy to keep coming out!!

felt20

Hey Rich thanks for posting the article its good to see bmx in the news.Catch ya down the road!

CrazyCooter

Nice write-up. Good job Brett on getting them out there and painting a good picture for us.

bmxmom156

nice to see some good press for a change. great job scott and brett for setting it up. nice article phil as well to show that the sport does lead to somewhere/ has goals/ with the added plus of having awesome role models for the little racers…

kudos cjbmx for organizing the whole shibang.

tuffneck

some one else behind the scene got them to come out not all the credit gos to brett and scott

CrazyCraig

lets us know who so we can give them some props too!

tuffneck

this person doesnt look for or need props he /or she does it for the kids and the sport of bmx

CrazyCraig

Whoever it was, they did the right thing and I’m glad they did. I hope they keep doing more of the same.

bmiddaugh

Mr. Bill Gillis is responsible for getting the Press out there…Next time you are at concsessions at CJ…You know who to thank!

bmiddaugh

I just re-read the article and I wanted to really thank Bill and Phil..(hey that rhymes)and point out what they did to get us this recognition.
    Bill basically emailed every single paper in the area from the freebies to the Press and was able to wrangle them into coming out. Then Phil was there all day long jumping on me like I’m a 30′ set of triples, saying dude, did you talk to the reporter yet? Ya gotta talk to him, come on man…yo, whats up did you talk to him? Finally he basically grabbed me and shoved me in front of the guy (I was busy doing 20 things as usual…) and we got down to the business of words, lol.
    I’d also like to thank John Bush himself who went and did an excellent job of reporting on BMX racing the way we want it to be seen.
    We will not be stopped.

bmiddaugh

Sorry Bill…but I outted ya..
    The cauldron of good people involved in NJ BMX is bigger than anyone realizes…..

tuffneck

thats okay your just going to get old hamburgers now when you come to the snack bar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.