Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Asbury Park Press at State Championship

• This topic has 11 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

The Asbury Park Press will have a photographer on hand Sat at the State Champs…
    Now, if anyone wanders around from the APP and starts asking questions we gotta remember…the press loves drama.
    So redirect any questions about:
    A. Danger of BMX…
    B. Injuries
    C. Initial cost of bike

to a positive spin.
    A. No more dangerous than soccer or baseball, statistics show that it is actually safer.
    B. None, kids wear all the proper safety gear and ride at their proper level of experience.
    C. Any WALMART OR TRU bike is acceptable…No one needs to be bragging about their 1500 titanium freaking hot rod…nor do you need to tell anyone you spend 25,000 to get your kids to nationals.

Think deep before you answer any question, and remember the phrase “taken out of context”.

TideyFamily

Can I bitch that the Gate Starter is in the Hot Sun all day with no cover??? LOL

CWCCRIDER

@bmiddaugh wrote:

So redirect any questions about:
    A. Danger of BMX…
    B. Injuries
    C. Initial cost of bike

to a positive spin.
    A. No more dangerous than soccer or baseball, statistics show that it is actually safer.
    B. None, kids wear all the proper safety gear and ride at their proper level of experience.
    C. Any WALMART OR TRU bike is acceptable…No one needs to be bragging about their 1500 titanium freaking hot rod…nor do you need to tell anyone you spend 25,000 to get your kids to nationals.

Think deep before you answer any question, and remember the phrase “taken out of context”.

So does that mean me and Dave should stay home ??? 😆 😆

bmiddaugh

as long as you don’t say that ya got skin cancer as a direct result of being a BMX gate starter in the sun, lol….
    not that skin cancer is funny…
    but…
    um…
    where was I going with this?

bmiddaugh

Chris….just tell them you fell down the stairs…..

4130forlife

ima make sure bmx legend gets coverage… definitly

CrazyCraig

…then do us a favor Dave, please hide the PBR. Honest. That is some press we do not need. 😀

RaidenHayden

Pawson, stay outa site, you look like you crashed more than a few times. And Caveman, and Whiley, easy they are old, fall alot , wet themselves, drool on themselves, tyical old age stuff !!!!! They’ll be ok

CrazyCooter

I too will do my best to stay away…… from Whiley and Dave!! 😆

TideyFamily

@4130forlife wrote:

ima make sure bmx legend gets coverage… definitly

NOOOOOO… We will wear shirts thats it Dave!!!! No Drunken Dave talkin to the press!!!

4130forlife

you guys definitly hate me or something 🙁

bmiddaugh

In Dave’s defense, I dropped the camera on him at the regional and he busted some straight out to the heart positive stuff on BMX during the taping. I have confidence in the man.

paulkka

And Zach Likes you too! Dave

CrazyCraig

Brett – any word on what day to expect the story in the Asbury Park Press?

bmiddaugh

We should be in next (not this coming) Thursdays edition.
    I’m on the lookout.
    And I wanna thank everyone and I mean EVERYONE.
    Who stayed cool and had fun at the Championship and put a great face on NJBMX.
    The reported was amazed that there was no “little league, soccer” mentality parents there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.