Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans As the sanctions turn.

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

Well, most have seen the announcement from the NBL about hosting all 8 of the UCI qualifiers for 2007-2008.

We asked the USAC people down in Brazil what happened to the ABA getting a chance to host some of the qualifiers. They were not too happy. Apparently the UCI went directly to the NBL, skipping USAC in the process (and the ABA). With Bob Tedesco on the board of both the UCI and NBL there seems to be some overstepping of authority.

USAC has the authority to deligate who has what qualifiers on a national level. Not the UCI. The UCI tells the national organization (USAC) how many qualifiers will be available, not who gets them.

Now for some interesting info, by doing this it seems to have backfired as legally the UCI has no saying in the delegation of the races. Now the ABA folk are running for board memberships on USAC. I guess they are tired of being bypassed and screwed.

The people nominated have been closed.

Jason Richardson (San Marcos, Calif.) is the only one nominated for the rider member so thank God he will get it.

There are four nominees for the two at-large positions. These individuals are:

Bill Grad (San Diego, CA)
    Pete Dylewski (Signal Hill, CA)
    Bernard Anderson (Chandler, AZ)
    Clayton John (Mesa, AZ)

Pretty interesting.

bmiddaugh

pppppower tripping…
    Jason will be the lone voice of reason amongst a sargasso of egos the size of Jupiter.
    This is all retarded we need to get back to the roots that started this all. This uci, usac, olympic crap has completely jacked things up.
    Nice freaking legacy to leave.

LeadSled1

Previously I would not have agreed on the UCI, Olympics thing but after what I saw last weekend I would agree. The UCI Friday race was the worst run BMX event I have ever been to. I had previously hoped that this would bring BMX back into the light. But as I see it now it is just adding another log onto a smouldering fire which will snuff it out.

RaidenHayden

I hate to say I told you so, Buuuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

RaidenHayden

Oh, and when we didn’t have all of this in the 80’s, we the USA, were a BMX powerhouse, now we are at the mercy of foriegners, and there alies here, who only have their interest, and not the sports in mind!!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.