Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events anyone seen this yet?

• This topic has 6 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

nike shoes jam coming to jersey– open invite

http://inside.nike6.com/banksgiving-shredfeast/

loudogg666

damn!
    i wish i could go.
    but of course, i have to work

s4lnj

yeah i can’t make it either– wish i would have seen it earlier so that i could have scheduled around it.

4130forlife

screw nike.. they have no place in i hate to say it. “action sports”

CrazyCraig

Dave – please remove your cranium from your posterior, please.

Yeah, Nike is the “poser” here for sure, jumping on the bandwagon, but do you understand how much friggin money they bring with them???

I am sure right now only their sponsored riders wear the stuff, and many will call them “sell outs”, but the last time I opened Ride BMX or watched Fuel TV, alot of these guys had sponsors, and all they do is ride and promote a lifestyle.

Do not knock Nike for making a business decision. Yeah, the wrong money can screw things up, but I don’t see folks bitchin about Mountain Dew’s money (aka Pepsi) or Honda’s for that matter (saw their name all over the place at an event recently).

If the powers that be can get Nike behind BMX racing beyond just sponsoring Bubba, you can bet Nike is gonna want to see racing on TV, etc, because they are not small thinkers.

Like everything else, if you don’t want to buy their stuff, you have a choice. But don’t knock them. BMX in general must be doing something right if the big boys are paying attention.

Remember, its not Felt that pays Scotty Cranmer 6 figures a year so he can buy a bicycle shop, its companies like Mountain Dew / Pepsi that put up those kind of $$$$.

loudogg666

i have to agree with craig.
    i would never buy their stuff.
    but, garret reynolds is getting paid like 200 grand ayear, just riding for them.
    that kid will never have to work a day in his life.

4130forlife

i have my own opinion.. accept it

s4lnj

i could really care less about the shoes– i really posted this because i assumed that some people opn here mioght want to check out some awsome riding by some of the best pros and ams out there… sorry , i thaught you guys liked bmx. silly me

loudogg666

i have my own opinion too.
    we all do.

bmiddaugh

I woulda been there but I don’t know Garrett, and I am only doing one day of BMX a weekend now.

Good for Garrett man he gets to be a Pro BMXer.

Unlike 90% of pro BMX racers.

loudogg666

i guess its all different.
    look at flatlanders also brett.
    none or very little of them get paid to ride.

bmiddaugh

I think what sorta happened with flatland is that it became very hardcore-underground and since it did not get as much recognition as the aerial stuff the guys doing it said, f-it, I don’t want people to know about it.

I was heavily into flatland when I was freestyling hardcore and did it just as much as jumping, ramping and streeting, and it really bums me out that it has died out like it has. I’d love to see a bunch of little dudes trying endos, lawnmowers, backyards, hang-fives etc so they could advance on to the crazy pro stuff. But in order to do that it will take some motivated flatlanders to put the sport out there for everyone to see and approach people like nike, redbull ( who already do alot for flatland right now just not in the USA) to organize comps and make new little dudes and dudettes feel welcome.
    Flatland is huge in other countries, it would take some work to do it here but as I have learned doing this BMX thing…

anything is possible.

Maybe, you, me, Rod, suthnjflat and whoever else we could get on board should consider doing a couple flat comps next year.

4130forlife

flatland demo at howell regional/national whatever they get.. do it before or after hell on wheels

CrazyCraig

@s4lnj wrote:

i could really care less about the shoes– i really posted this because i assumed that some people opn here mioght want to check out some awsome riding by some of the best pros and ams out there… sorry , i thaught you guys liked bmx. silly me

Dave – I’m with you, but just felt the need to bring a counter opinion to Pawson’s.

But Pawson, ya know I luv ya man, and I understand where you’re coming from for sure.

bmiddaugh

demos don’t work.
    it needs to be a contest with prizes, but it should be for kids who want to come out and just do curb endos if that works for em.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.