Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Anyone ever get jerked by an insurance company?

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Don’t have to name names…but it might be interesting to see how many people have had similar bad experiences with insurance.

bmxmom156

sorry i posted in the wrong spot… once when dan crashed at howell(bad one) they refused to pay for the ambulance ride to the hosp- i had to fight it but then they finally paid like $400 out of the $1200 which i was happy to get anything back.. they didnt mention anything about how it happened i just didnt want to make too much of a wave as they did pay for the hosp (er) visit after my deductable.

bmiddaugh

I’m currently battling my insurance company over paying for my appendix surgery…it was an emergency visit and I didn’t get to use an “approved” surgeon…HELLO, it’s an emergency I could have died.
    I was always under the impression that if things are an emergency that is a special case, says so in my HANDBOOK. I would imagine an ambulance ride is the same thing…

bmiddaugh

bmxmom, I think these are actually 2 different topics, the freaking insurance companies rape us then decide what they want to cover. Hence the “is BMX racing insurable?”
    Remember folks…you never ever get hurt “at the track”.. 😉

1adam12

Most bureacracies only work in favor of those that reign over them

bmxmom156

very well said

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.