Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old any results from flemington?

• This topic has 9 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

promote bmx in general. — getting people out to a big race is one thing, getting kids away from thier playstations and onto a bike is another, or hanging around 11 moto locals that they have to drive an hour for is another.

seriouslly– with the olypic thing on the horizon, tracks should be sprouting up like pot plants in jerry garcia’s yard. the powers that be, could be running with this while they have the chance. i personally don’t think that the olympics are a save all, but to towns that don’t understand what bmx is, they can say ” well well well, an olympic sport in our town….”

if we want racing big– we need more tracks– bill has put in the time and work and has one in the works. there is a practice track that will be up soon. we are heading in the right direction. but how can we expect parents who aren’t into riding themselves to drive an hour to get somewhere to even practice, when they can drop thier kids off 5 min from home for more conventional/mainstream sports.

the cards are stacked against us, they realy are

dave

bmiddaugh

the cards are stacked against us, they realy are

Never tell me the odds.

Han Solo SW Ep. IV

Macdaddy

Think about it Meridian Ct. – moto count in the 50’s and 40’s. Want to know what the moto count for the local at Torringto was on Sunday? $3 with 4 open motos. The Meridian track had no business hosting a regional event. The track was crap. The gate sucked an the cadence was wrong!!! Can you believe they did not even use the whole starting cadence? It threw everyone but the locals off. TERRIBLE. The 13x class had 9 riders on Sat and 8 on Sun. They had the same mottos for both days. It wasn’t even scrambled. When I asked about it “they” said that it was and there was nothing that can be done. Can anyone give me the probability of this happining with 8 riders? Astronomical. LAZINESS. Isn’t that why God created the re-post? Sorry to go off but that hurt my son – he was in with 3 local riders on both days.

Macdaddy

ooops – the moto count was 43 with 34 open classes

btw – isnt that what all of you want? Screw the Nats go local? Well that is just what ct did.

Macdaddy

GOD – I SUCK – 4 open motos…

4130forlife

mike, il see you this weekend, and we shall drink some beers..yes.. i think local is the way to go, at least for a while

BIGANT-DOG

My sole motivation is locals this season and a few state qualifiers. I will race the regional at cj and try to get to the keystone nat’s. When i read how low the moto count was i was really surprised. But maybe i should not be, with the cost of gas skyrocketing and the high ass entry fee’s people are being selective. which leads me to this

http://nebmxnews.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=520#520

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.