Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old age change rules for 07??

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

anyone know for sure what the changes will be for the 07 season? they were supposed to decide on the age change rule and there is alot of speculation… for example…

you will race the age in 07 whatever age you are as of aug 1st 06 …so if you are 12 nov for the 07 grands and you dont turn 12 till feb 07 you will still race 12 yr old nov at woodward in sept 06(even though you are still 11 nov). you race the same kids all yr regardless of the age as long as you are 12 betw aug1st 06 and july 31st 07.

make sence? this is what i heard that the nbl wants to use same ages as uci since july 31 will be age cut off for uci the nbl will follow suit?

someone correct me if i am wrong? janeen have you heard this?

bmiddaugh

my question is,
    who the heck comes up with this stuff?
    are there that many parents that b & moan about little johnny or johnette racing someone new because they “just had a birthday”…
    Gents…
    remember when 17 over expert was it.
    You either turned pro or raced real fast kids when you were 30.
    Does it matter if you are 8 years and 9 months or 8 years and 1 month.
    Overly parentalized.

uci
    Usually
    Chowderheads
    Incharge

bmxmom156

agree.. how about race the year you were born for gosh sakes!!

no brainer … all kids born in 1991 race 15 yr olds all yr?? i think the worlds was based on whatever age you were as of dec 31st of that yr…. now they planned to change it to july 31st( the usual weekend of the worlds) so the nbl wants to follow suit??i dont know maybe this would make a nightmare for the folks in local registration?? i cant say for sure as i dont do registration. maybe janeen can shed some light.

i just wish they would make up thier minds.

i dont think it has anything to do with parents i think its the uci/nbl decision

dunrite9

ABA Just keeps sounding better and better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.