Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA track in north jersey

• This topic has 5 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

hadn’t heard much about this–

found the original post like 5 pages deep, but it had been hijacked into a thread about the great 80’s. no need to bring that back to life, if have to look at another picture of a 20 year old metal, i may jam a rusty fork in my eye.

anyway– sorry for getting off base…. how’s this coming/ it was tenativelly set for august– which will be here before you know it.

dave

No worrys the best music of the 80s wasnt metal anyhow , it was New Wave.
    Yeah hopefuly the track is still coming North Jersey hasnt had a track in years.

RaidenHayden

Uhhhhhhh, Hmmmmm well , there are two obstacles to overcome now, Diane will need some help once she gets this going, I have told her to post here and let people know whats up!!

dont worry about the helpers Parents will volunteer youll see.
    Throw in some free entries for staff and its not hard.
    Maybe even talk to a bike shop or two or three and get the staff a discount. In return they get mentioned as much as possible on da mic.
    Raise some money by selling banner or wooden little league type signs. Find out what the LL is geting and price about the same or just under.
    That money can go to a small pay for staff. Like $50 a race or whatever it works out to be.

Then when you need to raise money for lights or a fence or whatever doa 50/50 or one race with no trophies. Kids still get points and the proceeds can get the riders and parents a better facility.

Bottom line dont think like an ABA track. Think like a local kid who has never raced or even seen a track before. They just want to ride and compete. Let the track grow naturally, dont worry about looking like Sandy Utah, Cedar or Perris, CA track overnight.

tommydone

OK WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? I WILL HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN.OH AND ERIC I THINK YOU SNIFFED TOO MUCH BLEACH THE BEST MUSIC OF THE 80’S WAS DEFINATELY METAL.BUT YOU RIDE A CRUISER SO ILL LET IT SLIDE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sickryder83

i’m pretty close to there, so i’ll be able to help out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.