Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events ABA grands ROC

• This topic has 9 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Uh, Brett, in the case of a class with only three riders, they run three times like the NBL, the last run is with the rest of the mains. Points are totalled, and low guy or girl wins

bmiddaugh

You sure..when do they break down to using mains? I thought I read that in their rule book…Let me double check…brb

bmiddaugh

I suck…
    need 4 riders to have a main.
    well you get my drift, lol.
    Man, like the thought of not having a main when I raced never entered my mind.
    The goal was always,
    MAKE THE MAIN.

RaidenHayden

Brett, check your e-mail, your hooked on phonics, the pdf version should be there now.

CWCCRIDER

This sounds cool
    The ABA’s introduced yet another first at this race. They have an ABA Wifi network in the building
    where you can log on and get your motots, rider and group counts and do your team sheets and stuff from the comfort of your pits. They can also connect it with their electronic scoring system. What a treat avoiding the crowds around the sheets and reading everything in the pits!

From http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002303

BIGANT-DOG

Gee do bob and polly know about this???

BIGANT-DOG

The more i read about the ABA the more i like it. Seems like they got there act together

bmiddaugh

The aba is evil and is only in it for the money.
    Evil, evil sinner BMXers.
    Forgive them for they know not the true joy of a 35 over novice national winner….

Too much having to write about BMX lately between state awards, iron man, new website, that tell all book…..

RaidenHayden

They also have race radio or abab radio at the races, basically, they transmit what is being announced through the PA system, so if you are parked far away, tune in, listen, no worries about being late for the gate

bmiddaugh

oh my lord they are using the radeeo as well to spread their doctrine of lies, I must get up early tomorrow and confess my sins to my pastor for mine eyes have lain site upon a pro-aba topic in a BMX forum…
    oh woe is me.

Caveman

Debbie, I may agree with you that when people that don’t have a chance in the motos sit down that makes for bad spectating. But Bill’s right. The motos are preliminary. It’s the main that counts. I could go on for twelve pages so I’ll stop right now.

And Linda Dorsey is a good announcer?!?!?!?! Don’t get me started on that nutjob. GARCIIIIIIIIIA! Shut up you stupid hippie and stop dressing like you’re 18 because YOU AIN’T!

Jim Reilley and Mike Redman on the other hand are the shihozz. Heck. I used to announce pro mains at ABA nationals when I didn’t make it in. THAT was fun to announce. Beats announcing a moto with three 8 rookies all spaced 40 feet apart. I never did the grands though. And I won’t do it next year because I’ll be IN the main.

RaidenHayden

Jim Reilly, the man that gave me the “factory tanqueray” nickname, dude him and Redman are awesome, plus Kevin C from this site used to do ALL the east coast stuff, he’d be so horse, he couldn’t talk on the way home

bmxmom156

i would just like to hear some names instead of whoevers number plate is in first… “oh and its the 301 in first blah blah” no kidding… well at least they announce the top 3 when the pros are racing…..hopefully they have someone else doing the semis and mains…

and yes we watched more than 2 hrs worth yesterday danny walked away f rom the computer as they were coasting after the last turn…if you werent in 1st or maybe 2nd by the last turn they SAT or soasted thru the finish. i saw it belive me i was shocked. at the grands??

im sure both can improve but i was not as i mpressed watching yesterday. maybe today will be more exciting. face it nothing is as exciting as being there and actually participating.

bmxmom156

i think its like 4 bucks just for today.. see for yourself

bmiddaugh

I think this whole, the motos are only there to get your a** to the main is sorta lost on people who have never raced aba.

It was a hard fought battle to just get a trophy at an aba local BITD.
    There are no points in the motos,…maybe thats where the fix needs to be in the aba drop a couple points in there and guys will keep pedaling.

But then the aba has sort of the same problem the nbl does in places.

The inability to change the way they actually run things. It’s funny once again because the guys on this board could sit down and come up with a system that melds the best of the aba and nbl in like 5 minutes that would make the best racing on the planet and the only problem would be getting people to listen.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.