Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old aba grands indoor?

• This topic has 12 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I’d just like to expand on Bill’s thought…
    BMX…is fine…

It’s that 6 word suffix that needs some repair.
    R A C I N G

Caveman

OK you’re Mike Mclaughlin. I didn’t know. But it’s still nonsense.

And Debbie he doesn’t have his facts straight. He has conjecture. That’s not facts.

People from NJ would go to Blue Diamond? Would they? That’s conjecture and remains to be proven. Well I’ll conjecture they wouldn’t. NJ riders wouldn’t get points towards the NJ state series or the high point awards from those tracks so without that incentive they’d be less inclined to do it. Blue Diamond draws from First State and First State draws from Blue Diamond. Split the state in half and you’ll hurt it. Blue Diamond would get less people from Jersey than they would lose from First State.

You’re looking at this from a Jersey-centric view. The truth is Delaware is ABA and Eastern PA is mostly ABA. If you look at it that way, turning NBL doesn’t make sense at all.

Yes what is needed is one sanction and other countries think it’s ridiculous that we have two but that’s the way it turned out in this country and there’s WAY too much pride on both sides to merge or give in. They’ll fight till they die.

I made a statement without backing it up because I’ve been racing for twenty years and quite frankly I know what I’m talking about. As an announcer I see the towns that the people are from on the moto sheets so I know where racers are coming from. I also get tired of this kind of talk because nobody on this site can make a track change sanctions so it’s all you-know-what anyway.

RaidenHayden

Dave
    Remember when the ABA was going to buy out the NBL, they fought tooth and nail. It would have been good to have one or the other but now I’ll throw my why I’m an ABA leaning rider
    ABA, for profit business, only survives if it makes money, only makes money by inovating, and growing to draw more riders.
    NBL, non-profit orginization (foriegn aid workers come to mind), needs only to make a certain amount every year to survive, not really beholding to anyone to make more money, no motivation to grow the sport, as long as their peice of the pie is there.
    My reasoning, take it for what it’s worth

TenaciousD

Amen…preach it brother.

🙂

LeadSled1

Neither track gets more than 15 motos on any given race. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN>>> 15 MOTOS. Usually it is more like 8. Do the local riders come from Severn? Bensalem, Cedar ? how about from 1st State? NO. Blue diamond even tried to change when they race. It did not help.

Bensalem/Cedar

Steve Weimer sr
    Steve Weimer jr
    Dawn Weimer
    Pricilla Weimer
    Sandra Weimer
    The Dennis family
    Kelner
    Smiths
    Terrys
    Myers

1st State:

Passwaters
    Kelty
    Alger
    Loebe
    Boulderice and his daughter
    Chvostal

Severn:

My son and I
    Roaritys
    Agard
    Elam
    Farinholt
    Coates
    Nichols
    Himes

NJ
    John Cox
    Rob Bennett

These are just off the top of my head.
    Blue Diamond has more out of the area riders during locals than in the area.

State races were more than 15 motos. As was the race for life.

Sullivan

yo Jess,
    when does Blue Diamond close for the season?

Macdaddy

Ok so some people do go. Big deal. That does not answer any of the other questions – WHY only 8 motos? Cant answer that can you? The conjecture as you call it is fact. You picked out the only thing in a very long post that was not absolute fact and made it seem as though nothing else was written.

Is the FACT that Bensalem gets 6-10 motos conjecture?

Is the FACT that Blue Diamond gets 6-15 motos conjecture?

Is the FACT that Bensalem resigned their ABA contract then got a national conjecture?

Is the FACT that both sanctions decry the other sanction at every opportunity conjecture?

Is the FACT that the ABA only had 3 nationals in the East this year and that 2 of them were at these 2 tracks conjecture?

Is the FACT that Pottstown wants to be part of the New Jersey series just conjecture? come to the meeting in January to find out.

Is the fact that both tracks are close to closing just conjecture? Just ask them, I DID.

Is the FACT that the New Jersey tracks closed for close nationals just conjecture?

MY OPINION IS NOT NONSENSE!!!! BY JUST RELEGATING ANY OPINION TO THAT FATE IS NOT ONLY RUDE, IT IS ALSO SHORT-SIGHTED. THIS IS TGHE SECOND TIME MY OPINION(AND BY ASSOCIATIONMYSELF)WAS RUDELY SLAPPED AWAY. I AM DONE ! SORRY BRETT

Macdaddy

By the way you forgot Zachary McLaughlin on your list. Also we brought poeple from Bensalem to cjbmx and nbl riders over to Bensalem. You say that you dont need facts, Wow that takes something to think your opinion is the only one that is not ridiculous. Talk about conceite.

bmiddaugh

Forget bringing people from aba to nbl or nbl to aba.

Bring people off the street to the track to try it out.

Find the neighborhood kid and bring him out, we’ll make sure he has a good time.

Macdaddy

Do I really need to explaine why it is important for riders of each sanction to see the other side?

RaidenHayden

Bottom line, we have to work with what we have, and improve it so we can make it better. Everyone knows I lean ABA, but reality is we are not going to change three tracks over, or change two over, but if we work to help them out they will get bigger

Macdaddy

Oh by the way you cant just bring the local kid – they need to have parent there to sign concent forms I already tried that and the kid had to just sit there while my son practiced. Boy oh boy what fun.

LeadSled1

Sorry, I don’t have time to sit there and pick over every question in your post. I have to work and took a quick break to shoot out a responce to one question from the top of my head.

I’m not sure why you are blasting me. I did what I could in the answer with the time I have and I also like talking to you at the track.

We ran a NBL track here in the 80s. I’ve seen the rise and fall.

Why do we only see 8 motos? No school involvement. No future to the sport. High cash outlay for equipment and entries vs return (plastic trophies and no future).

So in turn we have 8 motos of people who love riding their bikes. They are not looking to get rich from it and they are having a good time.

If kids had to pay $45 every time they had a football game in highschool, $10 each practice, buy their own equipment and the pro football players were only paid 30K a year how big do you think football would be as a sport?

When you look at it that way there is no doubt why bmx is in the state it is.

Tim, not sure on the closing date. I have been traveling for work. They usually run until the ABA cutoff (dec 15th?)

Macdaddy

Sorry lead, I was NOT attacking you. I also enjoy speaking with you. I am just tired of the immidient response I get for stating my opinion. Truely, your post makes part of my point for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.