Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA ADVERTISING ON TARGET BIKES!!!!

• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jaylamoon

I was at target in mayslanding and the bikes have a free 30 day membership and a free race for the ABA that comes with the purchase of a bike it was all brands they are now selling low end mongoose and schwin. %^$

BIGANT-DOG

As a frequent shopper of target-Dude they been doing that for awhile now. Still got the one i took off a tar-goose. Just have not gotten to an aba track YET.

bmiddaugh

That helps NJ BMX in the following way.
    I mean it’s rocking and all….but..
    but….
    hehehe….
    maybe a couple guys here have an idea or two up their sleeves…
    Let’s see what ’07 brings.
    Thanks for the info though jayla….
    Ok…what does the nickname mean?
    I gotta know, I’ve been wondering.

RFarside

@bmiddaugh wrote:

maybe a couple guys here have an idea or two up their sleeves…

What are you trying to say Brett.

We can start off by saying this same idea was run by the fine people at the NBL and well do you see any NBL tags in stores?

Now we have another idea that will work very well on the State level. But this will have to wait till 07.

bmiddaugh

Ha!
    I say nothing about ’07….hehe…
    But yes the nbl, was given the same opporutunity and
    did not take the ball.
    Someone here gave me that info, the details of which I would not divulge.
    Sometimes…well actually quite often, I get pretty disgusted by what I hear about the people in charge of BMX racing at the highest levels.
    But I guess that’s why us gents aren’t leaving.

We are going to answer that old question that Bob Osborne used to ask in the mighty BMX Action.
    What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?

bmxgirlmom

I have several times taken the hang tags for the NBL to Dicks, Wal-Mart and other stores in my area and they have all been more than happy to put them on the bikes.
    Just an FYI.

RFarside

Janeen do you still have any of the NBL tags? I would like to see it.

The NBL had a chance to have hang tags in every Wal-Mart, Toys R US, and Targets in the US.

bmiddaugh

I have seen those. CJ has them as well….
    We are referring to the nbl itself getting these into major chains without having to have one of our officials actually take them there.
    Like Rich said the nbl was given a chance to compete in the same market as the aba.
    aba tags on bikes in NJ is cute but we have no aba tracks, if the nbl could have gotten tags on bikes in WalMart, TRU, etc without us having to do it, why wouldn’t they?
    Seems like a marketing faux paux.

bmiddaugh

Oh, which reminds me, I made a version of that for us, (us=NJBMX) that promotes our tracks. I think Dunrite is actually trying to contact someone at Target to get them on bikes.
    I just would like to see the nbl step up like all of us are.

RFarside

Brett I can get that done in all 3 stores. I would like to run some things pass the 3 TO’s and the NJ board before I do it.

bmiddaugh

cool!
    Next meeting then.

bmiddaugh

did I just use the phrase faux paux?
    Woa….
    I mean….
    sounds like a marketing f-up…
    yea….grrrrrr. and all that….

bmxgirlmom

I’m not sure how many if any we have left at EHT. I took tons of them a couple years ago (5 or so, before I went back to work and had the time). We get a pretty good size stack in our starting pack each year.

bmiddaugh

How could you possibly go back to work when there is work to be done here in BMX!
    LOL!

jaylamoon

OK…I was just wondering…when NBL markets through Target, since Mongoose and Schwinn are already taken by ABA, can NBL promote on the Hello Kitty princess bike and the Mighty Tonka tough bike? That’s just a special request really….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.