- This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
February 16, 2006 at 1:37 am #24754
Could you tell me or where I can find the rules for putting in a team sheet for this years State races? Are they the same rules that apply for the National races? And is there a limit to how many riders you can have?
Sorry for all the question.
Rich FarsideFebruary 16, 2006 at 1:41 am #28126bmiddaughMember
I’m sure Janeen will get this one…But I hunted on the NJ BMX site and found this:
NJBMX STATE TEAM SERIES
1. There will be one team categoryÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s: State Team.
2. State Teams must turn in their team roster at the first qualifier they race to a NJBMX State Team Representative, Nancy Haugh or Les Vanderhoff.
3. THE BEST FIVE RACES PLUS THE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE WILL BE COUNTED TOWARDS THE FINAL RESULTS.
4. Submitted along with the original team roster there MUST BE A SIGNED COMMITMENT FORM FROM EVERY RIDER LISTED ON THE TEAM ROSTER. This commitment form must be signed by the rider, parent (if under 18) and the Team Manager.
5. Riders who are not on a current seasonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s State Team roster are eligible to be added to a team seven (7) days prior to the race in which he/she will be competing.
6. When a team drops a rider, the team manager must notify a State Team Representative, in writing of the change in the roster, this rider is ineligible to ride for another team for one Qualifier weekend.
7. When a rider voluntarily leaves a team or wishes to change teams, that rider must notify a State
Team Representative in writing, to have his/her name removed from that team roster. This rider
is ineligible to ride for another team for one Qualifier weekend after the new team notifies a NJBMX State Team Representative in writing of the change in the roster.
8. If a rider has been reclassified, that rider cannot be used on a team sheet in any class until he or
she returns to their original proficiency.
9. All team rosters will be frozen as of July 2, 2006 .
10. Each team member should be dressed in the team jersey, if possible.
COMPOSITION, ENTRY & SCORING
1. Team managers may enter up to two teams per race. Only the best of the two scores will be counted.
2. All team sheets must be signed by the Team Manager or designated agent and must be submitted to the NJBMX State Team Representative before the start of the race.
3. The best scored team sheet MUST be turned in at the NJBMX trailer within fifteen minutes of the completion of the last moto or it will not be counted for that days race event.
4. Each team sheet shall consist of 4 riders. You may submit a team sheet of less than 4 riders.
5. Classes: Experts, Pros, Novices, (1)Rookie, (1)Open, (2) entrees from Girls or Cruisers classes combined. This is the maximum number of riders in a proficiency/class you may use.
6. Only registered riders who are at the event may be used on team sheets.
7. A rider may not be used twice on the same team sheet.
8. A rider may not be used in the same class on two team sheets.
9. In the event of a rain-out teams must be registered for both days of competition in order to compete for the double points and double monies. All scoring riders on the team sheet must also be registered for the day. If a race on Sunday is not completed, Saturday’s form will be used.
10. Announced results of team finishes for the day are unofficial and will be checked at a later date for final determination of results.
In the event of tie scores between teams at a race, the tie will be broken according to the following format:
1st tie breaker: most first place finishes.
2nd tie breaker: most second-sixth place finishes.
3rd tie breaker highest classification of riders, Pros ranks highest, then Expert by age oldest down, Girls by age, Cruisers by age, Novice by age, Rookies by age, Opens by age.
Any tie in season points will be broken according to how the teams placed at the Championship Race.
1ST PLACE – 50
2ND PLACE – 45
3RD PLACE – 40
4TH PLACE – 35
5TH PLACE – 30
6TH PLACE – 25
Every legally entered State Team is eligible for the prizes or awards of the day.
State Team will be 100% pay back of the entry fees collected that day, also 100% will go towards year-end awards. Awards will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes.
All teams that qualified for the Championship Race and participated in the Championship Race will be eligible for year-end awards.
STATE TEAM $15 PER TEAM
FOR ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT:
609-268-8050 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgFebruary 16, 2006 at 2:10 am #28127
Can I download the Commitment form or could someone email it to me?
RichFebruary 16, 2006 at 2:17 am #28128bmxgirlmomMember
Brett and Rich: For the time being, disregard most of the information on the NJBMX website. Jeff, Nancy and I are in the process of updating the site. Stay tuned as pieces are being added daily.
JaneenFebruary 16, 2006 at 2:23 am #28129
Thanks for the info Janeen.February 16, 2006 at 3:14 am #28131bmiddaughMember
Dagnabbbit! Let me fix that post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.