Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum A plea to all the riders.

• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

First off this is not a bash thread. I am asking all the older riders to set an example. I race at CJBMX everychance i get, and after racing is over iI try to stay and practice, but i see something that disturbs me. I see some of the older guys with no helemets. I actually said to someone 2 weeks ago “where is your helemet” He looked at me like “who the hell are you to make me put a helmet on.”

I have seen this ALL YEAR. They always announce the track is open, but you must have gear on. But there is no one around to watch. And to be honest no one should have to watch. WE should all take the personal responsibilty to put on the proper gear.

Alot of kids are watching us. And it is up to us the older riders to set an example on the track. The reason I am a big safety advocate. I busted my head open years ago, (ask brett matter of fact tellem) I had no gear on and I wish i had. You may think “oh I am just messsing around, I won’t get hurt” But geuss what ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN at any time.

And there are other things that could happen. BUt i will not elaborate on that. I do not know if this goes on at the other tracks, because I am not there as often as i would like to be. But I do love CJBMX and want it to be there for anothewr 25 years. So please just put your gear on when you are on the track.

ANTHONY ALEXZANDER BROWN

AKA ANTDOG

AKA JUST ANOTHER BMX RACER WHO CARES.

btw i will not say names, but if you have an issue with what i am saying i will gladly debate the issue with you in person sunday.

CrazyCraig

And make sure its full face. Just ask Chris Vliet. He was PRACTICING at EHT with only a skater helmet and took a face first digger requiring surgery. He’s alright now, but laying off racing for ahwile because of it.

bmiddaugh

Common sense. And yea it’s a matter of personal choice but as far as tracks and parks are concerned it goes back to insurance liabilities.

and Ant…I love ya man but, spellcheck.

BIGANT-DOG

And yea it’s a matter of personal choice but as far as tracks and parks are concerned it goes back to insurance liabilities.

Something that alot of riders do not think about.

bmxmom156

as a fill in medic i second that thought…

not a wise choice to ride without your helmet….that goes without saying…plus putting the track in a bad position as well insurance wise…

the track is nice enough to let you ride after the race they dont have to.. they can say track is CLOSED… why ruin it for everyone else?? im sure whoever ant is referring to will think twice next time no matter how old he/she is….

BIGANT-DOG

im sure whoever ant is referring to will think twice next time no matter how old he/she is….

DEB I have seen way too many people do it, and i just do not want to see it again.

loudogg666

i have only one time seen a flatlander hit his head on the ground.
    i stopped wearing one when i was like 14.
    it feels really goofy to wear one during a demo or something too.

bmxmom156

think about how goofy you will feel not being able to remember your own name?

well really you wont know how goofy you really look, you wont be aware of that much at that point…

in a blink of an eye its that fast…

ATGATT: All The Gear, All The Time.

nuff said.

sickryder83

haha does anyone remember when brian lynch fell at the grands a while back and lost his memory. some of his friends made him a memory bannana. they wrote down all the important info on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.