Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing A lil Hyper history

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

As a few of you know I was Clays partner when Hyper was launched. Recently digging thru some old boxes I found a ton of old Hyper stuff. Original drawings, photos of bikes, old stickers, old brochures, even our first business license and business cards.

First image shows 2 actual concept drawings which lead to the first Hyper.
    In prototype stage it was the F-20 named in honor of our soldiers in Iraq. The actual name though of the bike when released was the HPR-20. The image also shows our first and second business cards and the first batch of Metro’s.

Second photo shows the actual Prototype the day I picked it up. Threw on the decals and took the pictures to send Clay. I was so amped. Couldn’t wait for Clay to see the bike. And see it on the track. Those big Hyper down tube decals with the huge bolt (inside the bolt it faded from hot pink to purple) originally were gonna be the production decals. But the decals were scraped for some tighter cleaner black and pink ones drawn up by Erich Broesel.

Third photo shows some of the original promo decals (lower left) we had out the year before we released the bike. In the center notice the Product release showing the bike, Clay and myself in the April 1992 issue of BMX Plus! Good looking rock stars. The hub box decal and some of the decals that went on the HPR-20 (The 2 piece frame set).

BIGANT-DOG

Dude love the hair, and i think i have that mag somewhere.

4130forlife

im in the process of getting rob dolecki’s hyper, and when i worked for tnt in 1993-94 i made hyper hubs, haha

kevh

I will have to call or stop by some old friends house. I had a Hyper Metro that Clay drove over to Bensalem to sell me before the Xmas Classic. Pretty sure I gave that frame to my friend when I was done.

4130forlife

i still have my NOS hyper metro.. wanna buy it?

kevh

I got the hyper because I really wanted the bolt together frame to replace my Auburn, but they stopped making it when they started the metro.

I wanted it becuase of Kevin Souder (sp?).

bmxmom1001

Kevin Souder. I just talked Dawn his sister the other day. I’m surprised anyone remembered them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.