Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. A lesson in marketing power.

• This topic has 8 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

Brett, no need to defend yourself. Those in the know are fully aware of your commitment to BMX in NJ and ALL that you have been doing. I have personally seen you with shovel or broom in hand at the track, not to mention going to town council meetings to discuss practice tracks, making flyers to hand out, etc.

Oh, and then there is inviting us all down to your house for meetings. And no, we didn’t all just jump on our bikes and go for a ride, we got some sh*t done that helped make for the best State Meeting yet from what I hear.

And, yes, I have seen you having tons of conversations at the track, but most of the time it is because you are trying to find out whats going on, how to make it better, and what’s on everyone’s minds. Networking is essential to growing this or any worthwhile enterprise.

And darn Brett, as if you don’t have enough to do, you get out there and take pictures so everyone can go to the site and see little Johnny out there looking like a stud.

For anyone who doesn’t know Brett, he was never asked to do any of this. He volunteered himself. He is using his talents outside of BMX to improve the sport he loves.

Wilson out.

Macdaddy

What the heck????? he called this site a “complaint department” but the first post is a complaint. interesting. Talk to brett once or twice before you spout off. There is a lot of complaining here because there is a lot to complain about. There are major problems in this state and “grabbing a broom or shovel” is not going to change them.

I have nver met Brett (that I know of). But I can tell he does way more for BMX than he is getting credit for. None of you know or remember me but Dave and I think he can attest to my dedication to BMX over the years.
    Dave on the other hand is only dedicated to seeing the “Spice Girls” reuninon happen. He calls London all the time, trying to get them to make a comeback so he can launch his new cologne “Caveman Spice”

bmiddaugh

I do what I can to help, but I would like to take that help to the next level.

bmiddaugh

People are complaining to the wrong person, and quite frankly complaining and doing nothing never gets anything done. People complained about the njbmx site, did anyone ever think to just go talk to Jeff Morgan about it? I didn’t, ’cause I didn’t have the “testicular fortitude” to do it. Amazingly enough when I actually did, Jeff was open to everything, and you’ll see how open come next year.
    People complain about where the money goes, well, I attended a state meeting and there in b&w was a detailed expense report accounting for everything.
    People complain about not knowing what’s going on, well…complain to me, I have sort of taken on that responsibility.
    People complain about tracks in NJ, but do they take the 15 minutes to just talk to the officials at the track? Do they show up to help out, submit track designs? I do…ok well maybe I talk for more than 15 minutes, but I’m old, my mouth moves a lot.
    Part of the new direction is less complaining and more doing.
    I expect people to start showing up at the tracks, registering and when they get done, immediately asking, “How can I help out?”
    If you have a problem or want to know something and don’t know who to ask, ask me and I will get someone who can help you.
    I, Me, Brett, want more people actively involved in doing.
    And…and this is very important, when you do help, do it because you are just stoked to help out BMX, not because you think you will be owed anything after you help.
    Maybe that’s why, even after all this craziness, the people on the board and at the tracks still talk to me, because I ask for nothing but to help.
    Everyone who types on the keyboard here, should be doing the same.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.