Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old 2007 State Jerseys

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Does anyone remember what was decided at the 2 state meetings?
    I remember what happened at one but I wasn’t at the second one.
    I’m curious because we are late in the season and I haven’t seen anything on this.
    Lisa do you have the minutes from the meeting I was at? I think I had originally volunteered for some parts of these things but it was more along the lines of promoting it not ordering stuff as I have no contacts for that.
    And of course it’s hard to promote something that there is no official site for…
    Just wondering, plus I also care and want to see something get done.
    And it may be time for a state meeting, I think some of you are right.

4130forlife

so.. if we race these state races.. do we get a FREE race jersey for doing so?

even tho there isnt a way in hell im going to race that ohio race ever again

s4lnj

racing the state races gives you the privilage of being able to buy a jersey.

i love bmx, but there are a million places i would rather be on christmas than friggin ohio.

4130forlife

are you serious???

20 bux a state race.. 10 locals.. thats like 50 bux..and i get a stupid computer made number plate????

man this is really screwy

s4lnj

welcome to the machine…

i can see the ten locals thing– that is the state series job, to help promote the locals– but the problem lies in that people don’t give a rats ass about the state series– we need to get people to stop chasing the national circus. NBL is helping us by steadilly raising entry fees– but there are still plate chasers out there..

we get more people to race state series and it will bring more money in so that we can get more in return for our $20 per race.

bmx racing is in a sad state right now, and the sanctions are to blame….

i could go on and on.

dave

4130forlife

sometimes i REALLY love bmx racing.. and then sometimes i really HATE it

bmxmom156

i think the hyper pro am series is doing just that. they are keeping the older riders involved in the state series. my son hasnt made it a point to “do as many state races as he can” in the past 5 yrs because there are the same 2-3 kids in his class… they loose interest without the challenge. now with the pro-am open series( thanks hyper) he looks foward to it. its not the $$ its the challenge of chasing down the pros and racing faster guys..

the resurgence of the state teams and all that healthy competition betw them has also sparked some to race more so this yr. its fun for them and the younger riders really get into the team thing( which keeps them going for next yr when the decision is made to race or play bseball) of course they would rather race mom/dad!!!! just ask them!

i think the state series is on a come back but we need more things like the pro-am and the promotion of the team series to keep the momentum going.

oh and yes you do get a free nj state jersey but only if you represent the state at the presidents cup in ohio.(you have to race it) years ago when we had an influx of riders they always got extras so if riders wanted to purchase them after the fact they could. there were also years where they said no you HAD to do the pres cup to get a jersey ( like a privledge) so i dont know what the current thinking is. im sure if you put a deposit they can order one just ask whoever is in charge, i like the idea of the more jerseys out there the more promo for nj!!

4130forlife

if i gotta pay for it.. i definitly dont want it.. but i think if you race all these races.. spend all that money.. the jersey should be free even if you dont want to go all the way to ohio to race that race

BIGANT-DOG

if i gotta pay for it.. i definitly dont want it.. but i think if you race all these races.. spend all that money.. the jersey should be free even if you dont want to go all the way to ohio to race that race

Dave that is one the best things you hasve ever typed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

And i am on the jersey committe. I meant presidents cup committe — . gotta go to work but i am gonna be the njbmx forums, tonight. They might not go for free but if you have participated in the state series you should get the at least half price. how bout this top 3 in the state get em free, the rest half off. I would like to see everyone get em free but that might not happen. Dave pawson you area brilliannt man,. —

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.