Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. 2007 NBL GRANDS COVERAGE

• This topic has 7 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom1001

Pop on over to http://www.bmxtvdirect.com for a live webcast. It is free. Next best thing to being there.

CWCCRIDER

This is great!!! pros are up next

BIGANT-DOG

I just saw phil win and then the damn video locked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmxmom1001

Both Knapper boys got first in Cruiser today in motos 1 and 2. Rich Farside I saw got first in the second moto and his daughter got 3rd in the second moto. I think one of the Matos boys got a first in the second round. Jeremy smith as usual got first. don’t know how danny smith did though.

4130forlife

phil won, kb won and bontorno got 3rd

sickryder83

the pro racing was real good this year. everything was real close

BIGANT-DOG

any word on amanda? and jay knipe 15n

bigjeff

Amanda and Jay did not make the mains.

bmxmom156

danny didnt make his main in class unfortunately they( nbl) only ran 2 motos on sat and “we didnt really think about it” till it was too late… what they failed to think about was that by only running 2 motos on sat that left the 17-24x class( who had 1/16’s) to run 11 rounds on sunday if they raced the open as well( which most did) and dan was looking good took all 2nds behind meyers and came thru on 16ths and 1/8ths but they didnt realise that the open class was last then they would go straight into 16ths the only class with 1/16’s) then straight into 1/8ths… about 10 min break then into open again which was last and straight into 1/4’s(1st)didnt have time to go back to heir tents or anything …dan was white as a ghost right before 1/4 and threw up like crazy…barely made it to the gate-took 5th ready to forget about opens… it was pathetic. i spoke to bob about it ahead of time they really should have run their last round and 1/16 on sat but the pro race was all they worried about. on sat they had so much time left betw the end of motos and start of the pro race they were running them so slow ppl were starting to leave…anyway there were riders who blew off their open 1/4s and didnt even go up for it… if this format is the same for next yr i told him he can forget aobut us coming… its insane… betw that and the lack of scrambling of the motos( ask kelty it was soo unfair the way they put all the top 10-20 riders in a few motos …our 1/4 was like the main… the other motos were unreal… kelty and pope both capped in same moto? pathetic and unfair in my mind…( and others as well were pitching a fit) when you have 3 pages of riders who qualified i think there were about 120 total there) its def possible to separate or seed out the top 10…

anyway the rant is done.. i didnt like the uci race separate on fri i think the practice would have been better left alone… the pro race on sat night was ok but it took away time and made ppl stay later on sunday… normally you can check out and be on your way and many had to keep their room for sunday( more $$) so i say have the pro race on another day or put it back where it was in the middle of the races… dont hold us hostage there

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.