Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing 1982 WWBMXA Vernon Valley National

• This topic has 7 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

thats braddock

Kmart

What’s Braddock?

CrazyCraig

That photo with you under the Scorpion sign looks like the starting hill at Braddock. I think that is what Dave is referring to.

Kmart

Yup, the same High Tech gate and steep starting hill. I think the gate at that race was still manual.

bmiddaugh

I do not believe that Braddock was ever WWBA. And there were way more rocks near that starting gate, lol.

Brad_Dalbec

I remember that weekend very well. It’s defiantly not Braddock. I actually raced Braddock (ABA) the Friday night before (it rained there too) and I had to change plates on both my bikes before I raced.

I remember going to Action Park with free passes and we froze are butts off on all the water slides. We rode on a golf course the night before and I bent the hell out of my bike and my legs even worse. I could barley walk and was strongly advised not to race by my friend’s mom who was a nurse. I ended up wrapping my legs with Ace bandages and did pretty well considering…lol

Is Action Park still there?

bmiddaugh

Shut down in 96.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park
    I actually did a show there in like 89 with General Bikes and Harry Myer.

Kmart

Good safe 80’s fun!!!!

Isn’t there a Mountain Bike Freeride park out in Vernon?

Sounds like its still operating, just under a new name. Mountain Creek Water Park.
    Someone should add the BMX history of Action Park of the wikipedia 🙂

I’d do it but I’m so technically challenged Ill screw it up and cause the wikipedia site to crash, causing mayhem and stock markets to plumment, leading some to believe the end of the world is near and all anarchy will break loose till civilization as we know it, ceases to exist.

I raced Braddock alot in 81 and that track looks nothing like Braddock. Now hand the man another beer.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.