• This topic has 7 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Was from all the info I can gather, the year that the first “BMX” race went down in NJ, somewhere near Millville.
    TOO many top racers and freestylers have graduated from this state.
    Way back then…Zeuner, Litsky, Farside, LePage, Sullivan
    Now…Cranmer, Richardson, Delizia, Byrnes
    Adam Guild and I were talking late last year about doing NJ’s own version of Joe Kid.
    Well, judging by the guys I got around me now, I think it’s about time that we actually get on the stick and start throwing things together.
    Who has, photos, footage and ideas on who to interview about the “sport” in NJ?
    We’re not gonna live forever man, we gotta make an impact now.

bmxlegend

1974.. thats the year bmx legend was established

CrazyCraig

Dave – I think you just opened up the door to a lot of comments. 😆

Regarding NJ Joe Kid – back in 84 NBC or ABC did a Kids-on-Kids special about BMX and taped it at Braddock. I know because they got two shots of me (leading my races, thank you 😛 ) in the footage they aired.

Anyone remember which network it was – or how to go about getting it other than just calling the switchboard at the networks?

If we are serious about this – I’ll track it down – but any help getting pointed in the right direction would be great.

I also have that book Brett that you see me on the cover of. It will take a little digging to find the rest of my stuff.

bmiddaugh

I’m serious, we have more than enough people here with more than enough skills and we certainly all seem to respect one another, seems like recipe for doing something important.

bmxlegend

i remember at braddock i think 1988 they did a cheerios try out for a commercial.. i think jimmy gnecco got it.. but they never actually did the commercial.. i remember hitting that tabletop thing out of the 2nd turn and killing myself .. haha.. ah the good old days

bmxlegend

i have a few photos of braddock.. thats about it.. and some name plates off of the trophies..i also have a GENERAL SCOOTER SERIES trophy.. haha racing scooters around a bmx track.. the 80’s ruled

bmiddaugh

start scanning, writing down the stories and taking pictures….

bmxlegend

brett ill bring them with me to the next race we will both be at.. i dont have a scanner.. im so far back in the computer world its rediculous.. haha

Anonymous

Dirt Bag on a Diamondback???????????????????

rodney

redneck on a redline, homo on a haro , the list of names are endless LOL

CrazyCraig

Here’s my vote:

NJ BMX – U GOTTA A PROBLEM WID DAT??

bmxlegend

if brett is all good to be at eht for the national.. ill dig up my braddock photos for him to scan and what not

pjtaft

Craig / Dave,.. is JV still around or anything that way? if so,.. I’m sure that there is some stuff there,.. any other local BMX shops from the Day? cosmic wheel in maywood? not saying these shops to slight anyone,.. they are the one’s i remember most,.. that is 1,000 miles, 3 kids and a lifetime ago,.. that makes me feel really old at 35!!

seeing my 13 year old son riding my old Rig,.. excellent,.. yet,.. scary

bmxlegend

yes jv is still open.. cosmic wheel is now in ridgefield park.. they dont have anything from the old days…

clifton speed center is still around to.. but the guy who owns it now is a crackhead

pat what bike does the little one ride?

pjtaft

my old race bike,.. the Free Agent Limo,.. early model,.. the factory guy was Todd Slavik? revcore Neck, Boss Bars,.. RL cranks,..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.