Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old USA Championship!!! Congrats! Reply To: USA Championship!!! Congrats!

bmxmom156

personally i think they should have kept the whatever national standings you got from the year before( like it used to be top 16national can go) if you are aba or nbl whatever you have to do a certain number of races thats it simple no confusion…

this was totally confusing… first it was your best 3 uci races… top 8 for points..then they said top 8 for points even if you only have 2 races… (after you go and make sure you have 3)

i love how nothing is ever in writing… we never meant that you HAD to have 3… when i asked the head usac guy in michigan how can they take someone who only had 2 vs 3 they said they never said mandatory 3 uci races that only your BEST 3 would count… meaning max 3 but nothing in writing saying that. i ( and 90% of everyone else from what i heard) thought it was like the nbl grands… they take your best 6 and take the best scores..if you have 4 you go to the bottom of the pile/list and if your points are higher with 4 then too bad.. sorry thats the way the nbl is so i assumed…. well you know what happens next when you assume…

enlightning conversation but it teaches you to ask questions for next time…

i agree we want the best points to go to the worlds but if someone said your best 3 races most would think oh i need 3 …right? DUH

my complaint for the day…now i am done..i think….

there were other rules we are not aware of… no jeans in usac…no ankle socks( have to be covered) they didnt enforce this… thought it was a riot all the little kids running around with high socks on… gloves are a must you cant get on the track without them… some i was aware of like no leaving your lane till the end of the hill, no changing your position ( side to side) after the last jump and before the finish line( impeding the progress of the rider behind you) in other words no blocking right before the finish line…. some rules they were strict with, some they were not. oh and i was told you cannot protest like in nbl…the usac officials(corner people) have to initiate the protest.. if they dont see it it didnt happen…

interesting…i wish i was there for the whole meeting they had before the race started.. lots of riders who didnt hear the announcement missed it. we just happened to see a crowd forming and went to see what it was about. would have been nice to get all this in writing in the packet they handed out with the number plate( i know there is an online rule book but a pamphlet with “differences betw usac and nbl rules” would have been sufficient.