Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used eht vandalized again? Reply To: eht vandalized again?

CrazyCooter

The debate between locals and out-of-towners…. it’s probably locals…. but, local racers and local riders…… i doubt the racers. If you cut the wires to the gate lights, you pretty much know, you’re not going to race on the next race day, do to cancelation….. however, a non racer wouldn’t care one way or the other. As far as knowing who did it and not saying anything about it…. do you think Les and the other volunteers, myself included, that come out and fix the vandelized track really enjoy coming back again and again to redo everything….. NO. There is NO concrete proof… other then speculation and hearsay……. and you can’t prosecute on that alone. Do people know who is probably doing it, I’m betting yes, but someone has to step up and come forward with good evidence, and they can’t really get in trouble unless they’re caught in the act, or as in the past, admit it… good luck on that one again.
You can’t close a public recreation park, the local police have been asked to step up thier patrols multiple times, but if these vandals are remotely smart they scatter as soon as they show up. As far as surveilance….. where’s the money for that gonna come from? not to mention who ever is tearing everything up, already loves to cut wires. The only good thing that came out of the gate light problem is, whoever cut the 120 line gave themselves a hell of a shock by the looks of it!
The bigger problem is this…. if more reports come in to the township about vandals and the like, it’ll only look bad for the track….. yes the track…. which, in the townships eyes, is only a pile of dirt in the way of two more hockey rinks or one more baseball field!! Don’t believe me, ask around to anyone not connected to the track.

I do like the sign idea, I’ll see if I can come up with something.

Bottom line, if we knew who was doing it and had proof that would hold up, the complaint would be filed. If you’re out at the track and see someone doing something that you know is wrong, use a cell and report it. Don’t try and take matters into your own hands, we don’t need people that are helping out the track getting locked up, we need wrong do’ers getting locked up or getting repremanded in some kind of way.

This is not, in any way, an attack on ANYONE. I know i’ll catch some flack for this post but I had to vent.

Chris V.