Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old 2006 State Awards Reply To: 2006 State Awards

bmxgirlmom

The hoodies are relatively inexpensive and are the awards for the #1 rider in each class. That is the award that they earned.
The jerseys are available for anyone going to the President’s Cup. They get reimbursed for their jersey and race fee if they show up.
If you’re not going to the race, but still want a jersey, then yes, you should have to purchase it. The cost of the jersey is very high so giving them away to every rider would be an expense that the state could not cover unless we did away with plates, hoodies, banquet, entry fee reimbursement for the riders who go to the Cup, trophies, place plates for the plaques, etc. All would have to go to cover free jerseys for all.
Not all of the #1 riders go to the President’s Cup for whatever reason, and to not reward them with a hoodie, or jacket, etc. would be telling them that their accomplishment wasn’t worth noting. Most of them do not want yet another jersey that they’ll never wear, since they wear their sponsor, or team jerseys at every race.
Every state that I know of awards a #1 jacket to their riders. Last year our (NJ) riders chose to have hoodies instead of jackets. They told us that they had enough jackets, but wore hoodies all the time and that’s what they wanted.

Sorry guys, I have to disagree with you on this one.
I’ve been in it for 9years (I know I’m a newbie)but we have always had to purchase a jersey if we weren’t going to the Pres. Cup. And some years we weren’t allowed to have one if we weren’t going. Because they only ordered for the attendees.