Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    rider1

No I do not know Tommy. We may have met many years ago. I think we are the same age, so we must have raced each other. I understand he is a good guy, and it looks like he loves bmx. What elese really matters? New Jersey needs more people who want to help.

Rich

bmiddaugh

I just always find it amazing how you guys never seem to get real mad at each other when busting chops.
    If you were all in charge of things…

BIGANT-DOG

If you want to compete on a national level, YOU MUST USE THEM.

Um rich no wrong on that one. One of my riders (team CJS) is national #2 in 14 rookie And has done it all on flat pedals, my national #13 rider flat pedals. Both are #1 and 2 in the region ON FLAT PEDALS.

Pat Cordaro and Dan Forte. Yes they are rookies, (not for 2 much longer) but trust me these kids are fast . And one of them bought a set of clips but has yet to use em. And rich just so you know I do know what I am talking about. —

BIGANT-DOG

If you were all in charge of things

Brett it is not if, But when we are all in charge of things

bmiddaugh

… ok, I can already see this going on for another 8 pages about national numbers for rookies.

Rich had a good point.

How is any of this working towards getting us more people riding BMX in NJ?

BIGANT-DOG

I personally do not think rookies should get national plates, but the parents think this is a good thing for them. I am slowoly starting to make them realize the adavantages of moving up. The one kid wants to but his parent’s do not. (brett you know who iam talking about.) but I think he is starting to see the light

btw even though we think a rookie does not deserve a national ranking, they have busted their butt’s and put alot of work to get where they are.

tommydone

just having some fun rich,even if you do shave your legs.and yes i do love bmx,but like i said this post was just to stir up the pot.guess i did that.MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

tommydone

hey Rich,one more thing.If we raced many moons ago,I BET I WHOOPED YOUR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding youre a good sport and thats good for bmx,so put that pansy road bike down and get back out on the track,we need more guys like you.Gonna get my son out there next year,teaching him how to trash talk now,lol.everyone else out there just to let you know dont ever take me seriously when im busting chops its all in fun.I made a living at it with the caveman and me and craig would go back and forth too all in good fun.AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE TOMMYDONE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4130forlife

lets start with no more rookies state numbers

CrazyCraig

Dave – at the local/state level I don’t have as big a problem with Rookie awards. Its at the National level where the problem is. Yes yes, we have beaten this dead horse alot too.

Still, when I think about it, we want the rookie to not stay a rookie. We want them to have a reason to move up. A beginner is just that, a beginner. So I guess taking away rookie awards is not a bad thing, but until they move to novice everyone has to make them feel like a million dollars so they keep coming back.

I guess it all goes back to “adopting” a new family when you see them at the track. Make them feel good about being there, help their kid learn the ropes, and be available for questions.

I’ll echo what Rich said – are we focused on the riders, especially the new ones?

rider1

Ant, your right, what do I know? I have only ben around this thing for 26 years. I am sorry for stepping on your toes.Keep telling the kids how it REALLY is. I will no longer comment on any topic, but I will enjoy keeping up on all the NJbmx news. Good luck to all.

Rich

4130forlife

rich is a bmx legend fo sho

bmiddaugh

The hell you will Rich.
    Your timely intervention there woke me back the hell up about what happened to us over the past 2 years and I’m not gonna put up with it anymore.
    Everyone stop thinking this is their sport and realize it WAS ours and now it’s a new group that we can hopefully bring in.
    ONLY if we get OUR shit together. Snuff out the chaff and get going.
    Start saying what is on your mind and get going.
    What is everyone waiting for?
    F- Ant if he don’t like clips.
    F- Tommydone if he thinks clips sucks.
    F- Rich if he feels clips are fine for racing.
    There’s only about 187 kids….and about 1/4 of them are ADULTS racing in this state.
    Apparently, judging by those numbers…
    BMX RACING IS FOR IDIOTS.
    Does ANYONE on this website believe that?
    Or do they believe BMX racing is the best thing going and that it made SIGNIFICANT positive impacts on their lives?
    Regardless of clips, carbon fiber or those gay ass racing leathers everyone wears, (hey what can I say it’s my new pet peeve, lol) I think we all agree BMX is a good thing.
    It is time to put behind the nonsense and focus on building the sport and building the sport includes building places to ride and race.
    Dammit man, we started something here that grew into us making MAJOR inroads. We can do this, because we were trained by BMX itself to do it.
    Get beat.
    Get back up.
    Start again.
    Train harder.
    F-ing WIN.
    DAMN.

4130forlife

ill drink to that

BIGANT-DOG

Rich Never said you did not know what you are talking about, but it seems some people on this site, think ido not know anything becasue I have only been around 3 years”officially” But I have been doing “bmx” just as long as you. The whole reason for this site is to voice opinions.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.