Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    PArider086

oh almost forgot to say thanks for that comment though makes me feel like i’m doing a good job as assistant track director, and as a racer.

bmxmom156

to be an asst track director i think you need to be at the track

if you saw the before pics last week you would know exactly what i am talking about.

food for thought

PArider086

i wanna be at the track but this is my first vacation in a long time.

bmxmom156

vacation???

gee i wish i could go on vacation for a month…haha

i heard you MOVED to nc

rider1

I have ben reading this topic for a week now. Ok, I do not race bmx now. I race the road, and everyone thinks I am crazy. Yes I shave my legs, not very bmx, ok. Having said that, let me say clips are here to stay. If you want to compete on a national level, YOU MUST USE THEM. All you old school guys have to understand that it is not 1982. Things are much different now. Tracks,tranning everything. When I raced,I did not like them. But to win I had to do it. What is more important than winning? Me and everyone elese had to do it. Now I also agree, that something has to be done about all the novices using them. These guys need to learn how to ride a bike first. In the end,bmx is a great sport. It opened up many doors for me. I got to see parts of the world I would never have seen. Met great people from all over the globe. Won a lot of races,and had the time of my life doing it. This is what we should be talking about. This is the message we should be sending. Its all the good stuff. Not what pedals you use. Who cares? When I was younger New Jersey was putting out some great riders. We had great tracks, and a cool state series. Local races with like 50 motos. I dont know about you,but that is what I want the riders today to have.

Rich…. and yes I will always be a bmxer……

tommydone

ok let me pose another question,why do I have to wear a full face helmet?some tracks wont let you race without them.The answer is because they are safer.Letting people use clipless peddals and at the same time tell me I have to wear a full face is hypocritical.I dont care if you are a pro or a novice,bottom line is everybody crashes,and clippless peddals will cause more harm then wearing an open face helmet.You know what ?this post started out as a joke,just something to start a conversation,but some of you people are really misguided.I really dont give a frogs fat ass what you ride or wear,that isnt the point.The point is th aba and nbl are not doing all they can to keep riders safe.yeah they tell you to wear a full face helmet but then let you ride clippless peddals on blacktopped berms.STUPID,STUPID,STUPID.and no you dont have to use them to win.If you ride them because everyone else does then I say grow a pair you pansey.Ride them because YOU want to,and let me know what hospital you are going to so I can come by and laugh.

tommydone

Oh and rider 1 Im sorry i cant take any “guy” seriously that shave his legs

rider1

This is why I love brokenspokes. Tommy glad you are back. When you want to do some sprints let me know. I’ll give you a free lesson.

Rich

4130forlife

when full face helmets are mandatory.. i shall quit bmx

PArider086

uh oh sounds like tommys a lil cranky right now lol

tommydone

if I ever need to know how to shave my legs or where to get a good bikini wax Ill give you a call,as for bmx,unless you know a secret that could make me drop another 25 lbs.,dont need your help.Hey maybe you could let me know if any good diets are on rachel rey this week.AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE,CAUSE TOMMYDONE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

I take it Rich knows Tommy…lol.
    Ya see, what I would like to happen is have..
    Tommy and Rich at a state meeting.
    Yea, that would be fun..
    Yea…
    Clips, no clips,
    full face, no face…hmmm
    For anything to change or be discussed you have to be “in charge”.
    I hope you guys are all willing to step up and get officials licenses (nbl requirement to move up the “ladder”) so that you can make change.

The thing that I see here is everyone who gets on this site has the ability to disagree and then compromise with their eye very much on “WHAT IS GOOD FOR ALL BMX RACERS”. Not just what they personally want to see, or what is good only for their kid.

And I am sorry to say this, but it is, in my opinion, part of the reason that racing has fallen to the wayside and constantly has up and down swings.
    The people doing it must be completely in charge of it. I have personally seen parents dismiss, as in not pay attention to, their own kids when the kid is giving his opinion on what the track should be like. Then these same parents turn around and say, “it’s all about the kids”. Well…if it’s all about the kids, WHY DON’T YOU ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO DO?”
    Trust me they know.
    And to me quite frankly the only people who know what it feels like to be that kid, are the people who were already kids when they were doing this.

Now, our current state commissioner and his assistant are two guys who I know understand all these things, because everytime we come up with something, they say,
    Sure, Let’s do it, and I don’t see a problem with that.
    But we need more guys to actually do things.
    And most importantly we need more guys out there applying for officials licenses.
    Why?
    So that when guys like Scott and Vanuch need a break from listening to us bitch, we can move on up and be commisioner or asst or secretary or treasurer or clerk or whatever needs done.

Who here will be at the next state meeting that will, undoubtedly begin to lay the groundwork for the 2008 season.
    A season that will see BMX RACING ON NBC, AT PRIMETIME, IN THE OLYMPICS.
    I never played stick and ball sports, so I never got into that whole “drop the ball” thing.
    But I do know how to pedal my ass off, boost and hope I make it to the other fucking side in one piece. (well, I used to at least, those 2 diggers at Howell last year sorta took some fight out of me)
    So who on this site is ready to do some freaking pedaling instead of coasting and seeing who else is in the lead?

RaidenHayden

I have been and done my pedaling, but when you see a mentalilty that will argue a point, that will not be changed in the near future, you wonder!! Guys, some thing positive, like setrting up work parties, or how to promote the sport. Anyone reading this wil be like WTF is going on with these guys!!!

bmiddaugh

Which leads back to this next post in the racing section.
    http://brokenspokes.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=21591#21591

rider1

No I do not know Tommy. We may have met many years ago. I think we are the same age, so we must have raced each other. I understand he is a good guy, and it looks like he loves bmx. What elese really matters? New Jersey needs more people who want to help.

Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.