Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    tommydone

Im with you ant.Hey Im old school,I didnt want to wear a full face helmet but the caveman talked me into it because of safety.clips are dangerous plain and simple.If the trend was wearing skateboard helmets,because they were lighter and made you a half a second faster,would that be ok too?HEY!PEDDAL THE DAMN BIKE YOU HALF-A-SISSY’S.Inovations are fine when they improve the overall product,the races i have watched recently are pretty boring,nobody jumps anything anymore.Is it because they are clipped in and dont want to wreck?And to those that say”well everybody is clipped in”,I say”never underestimate a large group of stupid people”There I hope I pi$$ed off a whole bunch of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4130forlife

tommy.. i will never use clips, and i will never use a full face helmet

BIGANT-DOG

tommy- -!

loudogg666

yeah, clips are dumb.

tommydone

HEY 4130,i couldnt find an open face helmet anywhere,not to mention a mouth guard.I was kinda partial to the mouthguards that clipped on to the goggles.if you know where i can get one let me know

s4lnj

i wear a full face– cause i’m just too damn pretty to take a chance.

i run flats– for reasons that have been beat to death and at this point are unimportant

dave

sickryder83

I guss i’m the only opposition to this. I started using clips when i turned expert about 8 years ago. i immediatly noticed abig difference in my gate and first straight. they do help out. Also, i remember how many people used to slip pedals and smash a certain place pretty hard. You don’t see as much of that anymore. To the contrary though i do not think that a rider should be able to ride clips until they are at least a novice. They first need to learn the important bike skills before their feet are locked into a bike. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a 5 year old kid clipped in on the gate that falls over because he doesn’t know how to balance. [/b]

loudogg666

just race your damn bike and kill everything in your way.

Macdaddy

is it mandatory for every new poster to beat this dead horse?

clips are here. plain and simple. if you don’t like them, don’t use them. If you do the use them. I think is serves no good purpose to keep bringing this up…THEY ARE NOT GOING AWAY…so live with it

bmiddaugh

Not a fan of clips, but I’m also not a fan of people not riding BMX bikes.
    So if it takes clipping into your ride to make you happy and want to kick it.
    Then clip them toes in fellers. —

loudogg666

race the thing.

tommydone

dammit im gonna beat this horse into a big mac,i dont like and i am on a mission to destroy every last clippless peddal on the planet.

Macdaddy

hey its not against the law to bang your head against a wall, just painful.

just get some asprin, ’cause they’re here to stay

tommydone

ill be at the track with a sawzall cutting away all the clipless peddals,just got done writing a letter to the governer and congressman and even my third grade gym teacher warning them all of the dangers pf clippless peddals.even thnking of writing a letter to santa.

Macdaddy

🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.