Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Oh and there will be some kind of track in this area. I am gonna bust my ass to get it done.

tommydone

you are right,im back racing but I am not the future of the sport.Rich youre not going anywhere,bmx needs you just like it needs everyone that has put in their time,sweat and blood into this sport.bmx probably saved me from jail,drugs and shaving my legs.(couldnt help myself lol)I know it could have the same effect on some of todays youth if they only knew about it.

BIGANT-DOG

Dude BMX saved me in a major way, after all the crap i have went through in the last 7 years, this is one of the few things that keeps me going.

bmxmom156

on readying your posts about how bmx helped you avoid jail time, etc it reminded me of a discussion i had with roger in ct some time ago. he said his track sponsors some youth every yr( they officially have a fund for this from their track) where they take some kids who are first time offenders and sponsor them to race. they are not violent kids just trying to get them on the right track. they have someone who picks them up in a van/ brings the trailer to the track( trailer has a bike for each of them to use and helmet) and they race every week at no cost. they use this as a promo for the town also which is helping them plus the kids. eventually they become track regulars ( some of them) and parents say it has turned them around as well. giving them a place to have fun , contribute and release energy and learn to follow rules and gain self esteem in the process. i dont know the exact set up of this program but it sounds great. i can see some of you guys who have been thru similar issues doing this (mentor thing again) in your home town. you know they always listen to those who have been there , done that…. just a thought.

bmiddaugh

um, that should be a post of its own.
    Awesome idea.
    That’s the way it used to sorta be way back.
    A group of maniacs piled in a van and went to the track.
    And oh yes, there were some ornery characters in there…

loudogg666

you know what.
    who cares what style you race a bike with.
    who cares if you run clips.
    who cares if you run flats.
    who cares.
    do what you want to do.
    not what everyone else wants you to do.
    i’ve been around bmx for almost six years.
    i’ve seen the trends, hated a lot of them.
    but you know what, trends or no trends, it all comes down to riding your bike and trying to have as much fun as possible.
    am i the only one who understands this?

CrazyCraig

LouDogg – BMX Poet

rodney

LEARN from all these young kids they are the ones that really know whats up us old guys are to set in our ways . Trends will always be around just nned to chill with the hate

loudogg666

and i’ll make it clear.
    i respect all the old school guys.
    and i respect all the guys who want do their own thing.
    if it weren’t for the old school guys, there would be no such thing as progression.
    so for me, i applaud the old school guys.
    just ride your bike.
    clips, flats, leathers, spandex, girl pants, whatever floats your freaking boat. just ride.
    sure people are going to get made fun for the things they wear or ride, but in the end, we all ride the same damn thing.
    a B-I-C-Y-C-L-E-!

CrazyCraig

Lou – last night I went for a ride @ 11:15pm. Headed down to my “main street” to do some sprints in the Foodtown parking lot. I had fun hittin up all the little sidewalk jumps and stuff on the way. I can still work it pretty good.

Mind you, I get some odd stares from passing cars riding through town with a racing jersey and full face helmet. Greg Hill advises I train in full gear just in case. Yep, I had knee/shin guards under my jeans and a full 661 Pressure suit under my jersey (I have NEVER sweat that much before). When yer 39 and have to work the next day, a wipe out going full tilt across a parking lot at max spin can suck.

Just doing my thing. I was tired when I got home but it felt great.

rodney

hows that bike holding up

tommydone

SO NO ONE WILL CARE IF I WANT TO RIDE IN NOTHING BUT A G-STRING BIKINI?

loudogg666

my back wheel is making weird noises rodney.
    and tommydone. sure you’ll get weird looks.
    but i don’t think anyone should care.
    i’m still riding 4 pc bars. that died out of flatland probably as soon as i started. and i’m not riding a crazy bent tube frame either. i used to, but then i realized it was stupid.
    just ride what you want, where you want, how you want.

CrazyCraig

I am still getting that noise we heard, and after swapping out rims and different freewheels, I am 99% certain its the Redline BB. I know I gave you the BB from my cruiser to put in the 20″ (if you recall the other bearings were cracked). After the heavy sprints last night the noise got worse for awhile, and its only when I pedal. It has to be the BB.

One of our CT riders has a brand new one he does not need, he is gonna give it to me.

Other than that its doing great.

PArider086

hey craig is that noise a creaking noise

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.