Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

write one to that pr1ck bob tedesco also

rodney

use a clipped pen just clips right to your palm

CrazyCraig

MacDaddy- Tommy spent a lot of time at the Dustbowl BITD, and all that dust will affect you after awhile. Let him get a few more races in, hopefully that will clear some of it out, lol.

But for the record, I’m with Tommy on this one. Flats make for a more interesting race plus, its the only piece of equipment that I know of that people will decide NOT to use due to the fear of injury, so in some ways creates an unfair advantage. I know one of the great things about BMX is you are an individual, but look at Nascar – they all have to run within defined equipment guidelines. Maybe not the best example, but with the new COT car it becomes more about knowing the track and being the better driver. This is racing too, so endorsing a piece of equipment that can’t neccessarily be run by everyone creates an unlevel playing field IMO. I’m not saying every kid has to ride the same bike or weight, but clips should have been outlawed way back as something unfriendly to this sport. You don’t see motocross riders clipped in, do ya? I thought that was our roots, right?

Okay, the dead horse has been beaten some more.

rodney

OK you get a glove and put the cleat into it some how then you are firmly clipped to your bars cool huh !!!!

sickryder83

It is not an unfair advantage. Nobody is making anyone use flats or clips, but is is an advantage none the less. also, motocross is a bad example, you could never be clipped in when doing that, while in bmx it’s better to be clipped in..

sickryder83

PS: I also use clips, for a small part, due to my fear of injury to a certain section. so it goes both ways.

CrazyCraig

Jim, you know as well as me this is a dead horse that has gotten beaten to death some more. I am just stating my opinion.

I compare it to motocross because that is where BMX racing first came from. I know, I know, progression has moved us away from MX somewhat, but I guess being a racer going back to ’81, I still feel that way.

What injury does clipping in help you avoid? Serious, no joking, I am curious.

sickryder83

haha i really don’t care one way or another about this topic, aside from the age and proficiency level ban, i just like pouring gas on a fire and watching what happenes.

sickryder83

And the injury is slipping the pedal and busting your family jules

s4lnj

also– removing the urge to throw that foot out when you are a little squirlly in the air could prevent your knees from exploding on impact.

i still run flats though– i’ve been trying to not chime in on this cause it wasted time– but sometimes ilike to hear myself type

CrazyCraig

@sickryder83 wrote:

And the injury is slipping the pedal and busting your family jules

So Dan Smith is not the only ladies man at the track! 8)

See, I’m married with two kids, so if I slip, well, you know, its okay, I guess.

And Dave, yer typing because yer baby won’t let you sleep, right, right?

RaidenHayden

Clips, if you are racing,, you got to use them, get over it, move on, it’s a dead horse

PArider086

Why does everyone care what others use on the track. Flat or Clips the rider is still going down the track with the rest of the riders doing just about the same things as each other. Not everyone that has clips doesn’t jump. Jimmy Moore rides clips, he tried a backflip into the first turn at Howell. I myself ride clips and i try just about every just because i can get every last pedal out before i hit it. I would like to see most of the people that are against clips go to a national and try racing 17-24 expert on flats, you most likely wont stand a chance, not b/c your not fast enough just because the clips give for better gate starts and even the pull down the first straight. and plus this deal with clips suck is getting very old because clips are never going away. They will just end up on more and more peoples bikes every year

bmiddaugh

< yet to see 90% of BMX riders clip in.
    But then again I count all kinds of riding as BMX…so racing is where that 10% comes in.. —

RaidenHayden

I like jumping even BETTER with clips!!!!! I can take my feet off in a turn and get them back on!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.