Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

Since PArider wants some reference from both sides.

I was clipped in for the past two seasons. Raced the NBL national series and the ABA nationals and ended up with plates in both.

I found the clips to be a little too binding for my riding style. I feel more comfortable on flats. I find myself able to ride the jumps and rythms faster on flats since I am not as hesitant and thinking about how much it is going to hurt if I come up short clipped in.

I went to the NC ABA national a couple of weeks ago and transfered out first round racing in flats. I made a ton of mistakes in the main, but that had to do with being off the bike for 8 months and not a pedal issue. I was able to get a good holeshot each time to the first jump.

I think some people are just more comfortable on flat pedals than clips anyways.

How do you think people would react to using weight lifter wrist straps on their bikes so they can get extra pull on the bars?

Same thing with clips.

After trying it for a few years and watching what was happening, I do not see how clips belong in BMX.

I am not going to run around telling people that they can not ride clips (other than my own kid), but I will try to lead by example by showing you can still get it done on flats.

Hopefully one or both sanctions will see the negative impact clips have to the sport and take a stance. If one were to do a poll I would be interested to see the injury to pedal type ratio.

Injuries will still happen on flat pedals, but I bet the degree and frequency of injuries increases when clipped.

4130forlife

jesse.. you rule dude…

flat pedal revolution…

you CAN win on flats

hell ryan zielinski made the mains both days in pittsburgh on flats in super x..IT can be done

PArider086

yea clips are dangerous, i never said they weren’t. plus those are things that effect your health from chemicals. I have yet to see a clip pedal make someone sick like lead paint, so bad come back man. And Leadsled1 congrates on your wins. Although you make a great point some people do feel more comfortable on clips and others on flats. I also don’t think the NBL will do anything about it just like with SlingShot gate starts. Personally i myself don’t ride with clips for that lil extra edge. I feel more safe with them because slipping a pedal in the last straight in a main is not a worry to me anymore. Really i just think it makes on less thing to think about while racing.

I also think that we should get a poll going on here for clips or flats. How about everyone else

loudogg666

this is stupid. i don’t even race. i ride flatland. but i think its stupid for people to be aruging over that. thats like in flatland aruging over if smaller or bigger handle bars are better. just shup up, and ride your bike.
    holy crap.

RaidenHayden

Ahhhh, the wisdom of youth. Lou is 100% correct. If you spent more time on riding, or helping out at the local track, think of what you might accomplish.

CrazyCraig

I guess we have to move onto a more worthwhile discussion such as which Victoria’s Secret model is the best looking, right? —

rodney

vs girls, hotters seems you are all about the womenzzz

CrazyCraig

spell check Rod.

That HOOTERS, not Hotters, though it works either way, right? 8)

Hey, lets be honest, clips or chicks, which would you rather discuss? —

4130forlife

i bet if you got a kid in clips, and a kid on flats.. ask them to do style jumps.. get 5 girls to watch.. i bet the kid on flats will get all 5 chicks for sure

PArider086

dave you know i can style with clips, but we’ll see how i am on flats at p-town so we’ll see then.

bmxmom156

tom if thats you …get your A## back in jersey boy!!! what would a state race at flem be without osamabinmartin?

you need to be at the track on wed to make sure the jumps are done right… correct?

BIGANT-DOG

btw I STILL HATE CLIPS!!!!!!!!! BUt i realize that people are still gonna use em no matter what 😥 [/quote]

bmiddaugh

much love to all the Team PBR guys.
    Peace out. —

CrazyCraig

@4130forlife wrote:

i bet if you got a kid in clips, and a kid on flats.. ask them to do style jumps.. get 5 girls to watch.. i bet the kid on flats will get all 5 chicks for sure

Gotta be one of the best posts of the year. 😀

PArider086

yep this is tom, i would love to be there at the track but knowing that dan, jim, and timmy helped with the jumps, i know they will be great. cause i come back on the 30th with jess’s dad. i didn’t drive here i came with her and her mom lol. but i hope HC’s qualifiers go off great.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.