Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    tommydone

dont do it craig,dont give in to the dark side,you are smarter than that(never thought i wpuld say that to you)resist the temptation.if all of your friends jumped off the brooklyn bridge it doesnt mean you have to too

BIGANT-DOG

Leathers are not that bad. They do make you stand out. And leathers saved my ass at eth this year. And no i do not clips but i do realize that people are gonna use what thet want. There are 2 guys that could kill it on flats or clips.

4130forlife

its a shame we will never know alot of peoples true bmx talent because they use clips

BIGANT-DOG

Morning dave. had coffe UM i mean beer yet?

4130forlife

no beer.. i have work at 12.. beer after work

sickryder83

i am all for clips, but somthing needs to be done about these little kids using them. They can’t even balance yet, and they are clipped in. thats not right. they need to learn all the basics first.
    PS: i would never use clips while dirt jumping or at the park, but as far as racing goes, i’ll always use them. not because i have to, but because i want to. i can ride almost as fast without them, but that extra edge means a lot.

nbldad

Whether someone is clipped in or not, is irrelevant……either way they’re out riding. Isn’t that enough?

BIGANT-DOG

Whether someone is clipped in or not, is irrelevant……either way they’re out riding. Isn’t that enough?

Yes but alot of people on this site are from thew “old school” and do not like clips.I myself do not like em. But I have realized that people are gonna use em no matter what. BUT you can lookat it from this point. How many racers have a signature shoe out right now? How many freestyle bmxer’s have a signature shoe out? There is a lot of money that could be pumped into bmx, but what is the point if no one is using em? I mean from an OLD GUY view. being clippped in scares the crap out of me. But the bottom line is even if you are clipped in at least you are racing.

nbldad

I understand where everyone is coming from in regards to the opposition of clips, I myself raced in the 80’s like many here, there was no clips (duh) but I now have 2 kids that race and both are clipped. NO big deal to me I guess it’s just the evolution of the sport, I can say that I do agree with someones comment earlier in this topic something on the lines of not being able to clip until expert or something like that, way too many rookies clipped that should first learn how to handle a bike.

PArider086

i agree with ya on that and more then just the bike, they need to know the gate and jumps first. Yes also only Experts should be the ones able to clip in and not the 10 and under experts. And riders with their own shoes, they can make clip shoes too but know one has “YET”. There are way to many things to happen in the sport to be saying things like that.

And for the Old Schools since you guys like to point things out, how many of you are using a computer from the 80’s, how about a phone or car, prolly almost none of you. and why most likely because new inventions came out and made things better and more competitive.

CWCCRIDER

@PArider086 wrote:

how many of you are using a computer from the 80’s, how about a phone or car, prolly almost none of you.

Now that was funny ❗ ❗

RaidenHayden

Tom, that was a good one!!!!!

PArider086

well isn’t it true, i mean i’m sure you don’t

4130forlife

i hate change… if i wanted to carry around 1$ in change to make a fone call.. i would.. and i dont have a car.. yet i know how to go fast without that “special” help you guys think clips give you

tommydone

@PArider086 wrote:

i agree with ya on that and more then just the bike, they need to know the gate and jumps first. Yes also only Experts should be the ones able to clip in and not the 10 and under experts. And riders with their own shoes, they can make clip shoes too but know one has “YET”. There are way to many things to happen in the sport to be saying things like that.

And for the Old Schools since you guys like to point things out, how many of you are using a computer from the 80’s, how about a phone or car, prolly almost none of you. and why most likely because new inventions came out and made things better and more competitive.

thalidimide seemed like a good idea at the time,so did asbestos,how about lead paint?these are just a few things that were being used that are now illeagle because they are dangerous,bad analogy.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.