Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. CLIPS ARE FOR IDIOTS

• This topic has 19 voices and 181 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    rodney

Did those tissue boxes have cleats on them and by the way if you ride on flats wont you ruin your rims and even tear the tire HAHA!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

I gotta say I do not like clips. (hate em) but I have realized that if someone is gonna use em you can’t stop em. One of my kids bought a set. of course i busted his balls but I can’t stop em. btw atom lab pedals are some of the best pedals that I have ever had. tommy these are better than the animals.

PArider086

i’m wondering how many of you guys that are against clips have ever TRIED them first before trash talking them. If you don’t know the feel of them when you go down the track then you can’t say anything about it. Plus i think the other NJ tracks should have an Old School race like HC BMX does and more then just once a year. Maybe you guys should try making old school races like an open at local events or something like that.

s4lnj

my main issue with clips is that they are… well… dorkish.

they look silly.

regardless of how they feel– just not my style– and not alot of people’s style, look how big street and park riding is right now– and even though it was dropped from the x-games–dirt jumping.

they are dressed like they would dress any other day– no slippers, no leathers, just jeans (tight or loose) and a shirt.

i’ve said this before– head to your local trails, or skatepark with your aluminum bike, leathers and clips and see how you get looked at.

you can get away with the bike, MAYBE even the leathers(but i doubt it), forget about clips.

just my opinion, i know racing isn’t about fashion, but look at it from an outsider’s perspective. bmx racing isn’t accepted as a legit spport like road racing is, so we cant pull of the same type of thing like spandex or clips.

dave

bmiddaugh

yes.
    The BMX racers of the 70’s-80’s are the freestylers of today.
    90% of BMXers don’t wear clips…

PArider086

it doesn’t matter if you look dorkish at all. clips just give you that little bit of cranking that could win or lose the race. I agree they look stupid, so maybe they should get some cooler shoes or something. And for the trails, i ride almost everyday, i even have trails in my yard with a soon to be foam pit. every once in awhile though i’ll go out with my race bike and clips and ride them. To me that just shows how comfortable jumping with anything (clips or flats). and leathers, you’ll never see me in them, i tried them once and they feel weird.

I just think everyone should drop this topic about clips and how they are so bad, because face it their here and there here to stay. Every sport needs improvements to gain a wider viewing audience, clips and carbon fiber are the new improvements and they are going to stay until the next improvement comes around

loudogg666

i don’t understand why people bicker about this. just ride your bike with whatever style you want. new school old school, whatever. its bmx right?

PArider086

thats hat i’ve been trying to say to everyone

also i think there should be Old School races kinda like an open. You would have to sign up and pay 5 bucks for it and then be able to race flats and all then. What does everyone else think

loudogg666

i think we should all race.
    no brakes.
    flatland frames.
    it would be intense.

s4lnj

i think we should all race.
    no brakes.
    flatland frames.
    it would be intense.

no brakes, zero offset stems, cranks but no sprocket or chain– bowtie frames– it would deff be interesting

loudogg666

haha, we should all race two seaters.

PArider086

so i take it no one likes the idea considering i am assistant track director at HC bmx and prolly could of put it together for everyone.

4130forlife

martin, you know you get animal pedals distro cost cause you are on pbr

PArider086

well how much are they then

CrazyCraig

Tom – I rode clips once earlier this year and they scared the poop out of me. I’ll admit, I probably need to ride more to get used to them, but at the time it was not for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.