Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Thanks from the Yuhas family Reply To: Thanks from the Yuhas family

CrazyCraig

Eric’s crash happened in the main event of 30-34 Expert/35+ Novice. They had 11 riders today. I went up to announce the main event so I saw it happen.

Eric called me tonight and was surprisingly in good spirits all things considered. I guess the one bit of sunshine I could give him was he had the snap on the rest of the main. He came out on fire, and with the inside line had the advantage. Its just unfortunate the first jump had other plans for him. He said this is probably it, no more racing, but I also know it all depends on how things mend. The racing bug is a hard one to shake. Still, he said it will be 3-6 months of recovery after he has his surgery. Who knows?

I want everyone to know that his son Ryan came up to the tower and asked if he could say something over the loudspeaker for his dad as Eric was being attended to. It may have been hard to hear, but he said something to the effect of “dad, you were really doing good, I’m proud of you, hang in there.” Amazingly Ryan seemed to take it all in stride. Whether or not Eric races again he will always be his kid’s hero.

See ya next week Eric.

-Craig