Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA leading the way in promoting BMX racing. Reply To: ABA leading the way in promoting BMX racing.

Caveman

This is a subject that I’ve been thinking about a LOT this year. If you’ve raced both sanctions there is no question when it comes to organization, competence and professionalism the ABA is miles ahead of the NBL. But when it comes to having a vision for the growth of BMX both sanctions are the same. Abysmal.

Neither sanction advertises to world outside BMX that I know of. Neither is actively trying to bring new people in. They simply rely on word of mouth and people stumbling across BMX tracks to keep BMX going.

They both advertise in Colin Stiles’ Transit Videos. Wow, advertising BMX to BMXers! Brilliant! They’re not trying to bring new riders in, they’re just competing with each other for market share. Then the ABA advertises in BMX Plus magazine with an ad that basically insults their readers. Then they have another ad that says, “tired of the same old stick and ball sports?” That’s obviously a dig at baseball only once again it’s in a BMX magazine. Do you think they reached any baseball players with that one? I could go on for hours but I’ll stop now.

The NBL’s bring a buddy campaign is a step in the right direction and we’ll see what will come of the ABA’s decision to hire Brad Fanshaw as their marketer. Hopefully he has some vision.