Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Rookies returning again for the 06 series. Reply To: Rookies returning again for the 06 series.

bmiddaugh

This is actually a perfect example of why some people are so bummed and don’t believe changes can be made.
You go to the nbl and say, this is no good, and they aren’t listening.
It’s our job to NOT STOP and get things like this changed.
I have a question though…people keep saying the new guys have to “prove themselves”, not be flash in the pans, well heres the thing. You gotta let us get in there and get to work.
I have a valid example of someone who actually stepped up, did something, looked good to me and he got shot down by someone else. Not constructive critisism, or compromising to get the job done right, but just dismissed. I’m not gonna go on a rant about the whole thing, that would be a waste. But it makes me wonder if people learn any lessons by how they are treated, then they turn around and treat people the same way.
It’s just time to let other people give it a shot.
I can tell you this though, all the guys who have raced and are racing, deserve a shot at changing things, because they have been there and know how all this stuff feels at a real personal level.
bmxmom made an excellent post about this on the south park thread. I’ll refer to it here.
http://www.brokenspokes.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=543&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0 Riders know best what is best for riders.
And my real question is…who did those in charge have to prove themselves to?
Why do beginners and novices get national numbers? Money, I’m sure…and no doubt parents making waves on why can’t junior get a plate? 103 National qualifiers? Money.