Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old A top pro wrote this and he is dead on. Reply To: A top pro wrote this and he is dead on.

Damn! This really exploded! Alot of good points. A little backround first if you don’t know me…I have only been in this racing thing for 2 and a half years. I have 2 kids, 6 & 8 who race, I race 35 + novice.

My small opinion…In the short time I have been around, it seems to me that BMX racing in NJ has come along way in the past 2 years. I have had plenty of questions (thanks Janeen for ALL the answers). I wondered why there wasn’t more organization for things like the Pres Cup. I wondered why the state series rules were not clear last year. I still don’t quite know how all this works, but I do know that there are a few key people who frankly are working there @sses off and getting no respect for it. They can’t be expected to do it all. Like Brett said, I don’t know how to make all this better, but I do know that bitching about it online isn’t gonna solve anything. The UBMXRC is a start, and I hope everyone who has an idea, and wants this to BMX thing to go somewhere shows up next meeting. If we all do a little, this could get big. The Olympics are not the answer, but they certainly can be used for the betterment of the sport. Just don’t expect someone else to do it.

Craig, I certainly understand about HC being closed this weekend. I am home and would love to be racing. Unfortunately, when the track director, main gate person, head scorer and registration person, along with the other registration person, along with a few other key volunteers you may normally be able to call upon are away, it makes it very difficult to hold a race!

As for the National scene, I wondered at the beginning of the season, what is the difference between a National and a Regional? OK, points in the National series, but in all practicality, NOTHING! Make the National (like Supercross) for the pros and elites, and elevate the regional series to what the Nationals have become. If you finish well (top 5?) in your Region, you are invited to the Grands.

Bottom line? There is only so much we can do in NJ. It all starts with promoting HERE. Lets get on it. There is a herd of BMX (and MTN bikes!)bikes out there just waiting to be raced…lets get them on the track!

Nuff said for tonight!
Loren