Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old A top pro wrote this and he is dead on. Reply To: A top pro wrote this and he is dead on.

Macdaddy

You want an example? Ok. last year my son was hurt. He was cleared on the thursday before the east coast national. I called the track… nothing. I went to the website… nothing. I drove the hour and a half only to be told that the track is closed! When I asked why there was no posting I was told that they(les) didn’t think they needed to tell anyone. When I explained the situation I was told, rather roughly that there was no way my son could even get on some part of the track. Not to mention the woman who would not come out from behind the trailer while I was speaking to Les, She had a lot to say also. Mr. Behm even tried to speak to someone but was told no.

How about another example… how about a race called because of heat. This has happened at eht. The problem with that is that they raced earlier at fleminton and blue diamond, and the next day at both central jersey and bensalem. Again no notice, people just did not show up. Unbelievable but true.
How about another example… Two years ago the times for races were at 6pm. This was great, we could go up to flemington race there, then make it to egg harbor. Then last year the times changed. No warning, no explaination, they just changed. Then at the start of this year the times were even earlier. I guess someone complained because the times went back. Great.

You know I was there for the “meeting” that was really a screaming fest after the national. Right at the picnic tables. Nice touch I thought. I had to walk away. I am not the only one who has problems with this track. As you said the parking lot has its fair share of offenders. Funny thing though, We go to central jersey and while I don’t say that there are no problems, any are kept well hidden.

I am not saying that all of the people who help out at eht are a problem, There are some very helpfull folks, what I am saying is that the majority of the complaints seem to be directed there.

As to why the state is in shambles, maybe I overstated it a bit to make a point. I am willing to say that this year was better than last. Two examples of things happened at the past two presidents cups. Two years ago we had to buy a jersey from someone in florida, and we were not the only ones. It was a disgrace, I think we had mabe 12 riders, and more than one did not have a jersey. Not only that but we were very unorganized. This year as I walked around I saw whole sections of people from the same state sitting together, some had areas where you could go , and most had at least some state meeting. This all reflects very poorly on the state.

I am sorry that you are offended by my comments but a state that can boast as many national champs should be just a bit more organized than that.