Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Rookies returning again for the 06 series.

• This topic has 14 voices and 94 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

This is actually a perfect example of why some people are so bummed and don’t believe changes can be made.
    You go to the nbl and say, this is no good, and they aren’t listening.
    It’s our job to NOT STOP and get things like this changed.
    I have a question though…people keep saying the new guys have to “prove themselves”, not be flash in the pans, well heres the thing. You gotta let us get in there and get to work.
    I have a valid example of someone who actually stepped up, did something, looked good to me and he got shot down by someone else. Not constructive critisism, or compromising to get the job done right, but just dismissed. I’m not gonna go on a rant about the whole thing, that would be a waste. But it makes me wonder if people learn any lessons by how they are treated, then they turn around and treat people the same way.
    It’s just time to let other people give it a shot.
    I can tell you this though, all the guys who have raced and are racing, deserve a shot at changing things, because they have been there and know how all this stuff feels at a real personal level.
    bmxmom made an excellent post about this on the south park thread. I’ll refer to it here.
    http://www.brokenspokes.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=543&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0 Riders know best what is best for riders.
    And my real question is…who did those in charge have to prove themselves to?
    Why do beginners and novices get national numbers? Money, I’m sure…and no doubt parents making waves on why can’t junior get a plate? 103 National qualifiers? Money.

RaidenHayden

It’s ashame, that used to be a really big race , good turnout, something to say you went to, now its “I’m not going there,”. Now this event won’t be back, why cause some one forgot this is a family sport, seeing little kids and girl being hauled off on stretchers isn’t a family sport, its carnage. Hell you don’t even see that amount of injuries at the X-games.
    Yeah lets make the ttracks crazy so they get shut dowm, great mentality, we’ll all be looking for a new sport soon. At some point this stepping it up thing will come to an end, one way or another.

bmiddaugh

You have the best dirt jumpers in the world at X and Dew…not every dang rider that will pay 45 beans to try and kill themselves…
    Bill knows the deal…rollin ATM…oh yea…

bmxmom156

its funny how everyone says it was a small race( total numbers small) but my sons class had 32 riders ( 1/4’s) and on day 2 his 1/4 could have easily been the grands main for this yr… maybe the question to ask is what classes were not represented there and why… were the rookie or nov classes down or was it the experts?? is it consistant with the rest of the national attendance ( which is also way down)

someone who is good with stats can easily figure this out( not me, sorry)maybe compare it to the rockford aba race and see what classes were not represented well.

dont know what the answer is but i know the discussion of removing the rookies from the grands will never go anywhere ( sorry) yes that discussion wont even happen w/bobt as there is just too much money to be made going for that #50 rookie plate( sorry not meant to offend anyone) i know when we started doing nats when dan was a novice there were no rookie plates at the grands. in fact i believe the following year they started giving novice plates up to 10(correct me please if i am wrong… maybe my memory is shot??) you can ask jimmy mulhern as i think one of his boys got screwed out of a plate that year they said top 20 then changed their minds to top 10 at the last minute… contoversy big time w/many a parent freiking out…..(heres your number but sorry…no plate, kid)

i am really confused as to what you all are really trying to do? dont waste your energy on a losing battle… try to change what you can- so you dont lose your passion for the sport in the process.( ie banging your head against a brick wall)

just my 2cents

bmxmom156

its funny how everyone says it was a small race( total numbers small) but my sons class had 32 riders ( 1/4’s) and on day 2 his 1/4 could have easily been the grands main for this yr… maybe the question to ask is what classes were not represented there and why… were the rookie or nov classes down or was it the experts?? is it consistant with the rest of the national attendance ( which is also way down)

someone who is good with stats can easily figure this out( not me, sorry)maybe compare it to the rockford aba race and see what classes were not represented well.

dont know what the answer is but i know the discussion of removing the rookies from the grands will never go anywhere ( sorry) yes that discussion wont even happen w/bobt as there is just too much money to be made going for that #50 rookie plate( sorry not meant to offend anyone) i know when we started doing nats when dan was a novice there were no rookie plates at the grands. in fact i believe the following year they started giving novice plates up to 10(correct me please if i am wrong… maybe my memory is shot??) you can ask jimmy mulhern as i think one of his boys got screwed out of a plate that year they said top 20 then changed their minds to top 10 at the last minute… contoversy big time w/many a parent freiking out…..(heres your number but sorry…no plate, kid)

i am really confused as to what you all are really trying to do? dont waste your energy on a losing battle… try to change what you can- so you dont lose your passion for the sport in the process.( ie banging your head against a brick wall)

just my 2cents

bmiddaugh

Make BMX bigger in NJ.
    Get everyone working together again in NJ. (That one is pretty much a done deal…it fixed itself)
    Start a new sanction. Okay that’s a tough one but not impossible. Take it from someone who has been around for 27 years. Nothing is impossible with BMX

Again number one is make BMX bigger in NJ. I almost wish I could sit everyone down who’s involved right now and give them a quick history lesson of the very early days…70’s to early 80’s. And the passion everyone had…and how Bob T used to take ideas from Carol G and use them…yea NJ had influence. ’cause people from NJ aren’t afraid to speak their minds. (or post about photo sites…lol)

dunrite9

Remember when Beginners (Rookie must be the PC version) couldn’t wait to
    be a Novice, & a Novice couldn’t wait to turn Expert.

Dem were da good old days!

😛 Cha Ching

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.