Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Rookies returning again for the 06 series.

• This topic has 14 voices and 94 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bmxlegend

i say if a “rookie” races more than 15 times in one year.. they they automatically move up to novice..rookie is the 1st year..after that you move up…like someone said before.. some wacko who plays baseball.. you ever see him get rookie of the year twice

BIGANT-DOG

OHHHH boy. Today this kid who last year showed up without any gear.(I gave him a long sleeve shirt so he could race.) he shows up,. Now me being a wise ass, can appreciate this kid. He always wants to race me calls me old man blah blah. He could probalbly take me. But I do not care. He tells me he is still racing rookie. Iasked him why? he said cause it is easy and he can get a plate.

He proceeds to challenge me all damn day. He is some 14 year old kid so I have nuttin to prove,. But what bugs me is when he says rookie is easy and i can win.

Now i might catch hell for picking on some kid, but THIS IS THE PROBLEM WE ARE FACING. APPARENTLY some of the guys he races withtell me he is REAL ARROGANT. I bagged on him, all day. Why because maybe he will move up. I geuss what really ticks me off is I help this kid and now I am “an old man” Well guess what. next week if i see him I will “accept his challenge” with the condition that if i win. He has to turn novice That day.

I do not want to come off as a Bully. Or someone who is picking on “some kid” (BTW this kid is huge for a 14 year old.) Oh i forgot he was racing cruiser most of last year. That is his excuse. Now he isracing 20. sorry ass excuse you ask me.

BTW after a year of racing I am finnally getting into my grove! What can i say i am a slow learner.

BIGANT-DOG

Do not want to say his name. Mommy and daddy might get upset and say i am picking on their son.

RaidenHayden

You bully 😆

LeadSled1

You will see a lot of rooks and novi running cruiser to avoid move up points as there are none in the cruiser class. FYI.

LeadSled1

An update on our 17+ Rookie with 22 nationals in. At his 25th national he went 1-1-1-5. The next day he was racing in Novice. I wonder if the NBL moved his butt up? 😆

RaidenHayden

Jess I think this could be hadled simply. Get rid of the plates for all classes except cru, ex and girls, and then they would have to move up. And not only on a National level, but at state and regional

bmiddaugh

I’m bringing the official UBMXRC 2×6 board to bang our heads against at the regional. This way we don’t have to go out and find an indiscriminate wall to do it on.

RaidenHayden

Wow Schultz, why not go 2×8, hell 2×12, I mean if your gonna do it GO BIG

LeadSled1

He doesn’t want to bust his stiches lifting something that big.

RaidenHayden

I’ll buy that, hey Jess, did ya realize that avatar looks alot like some one we know when they’re under the influnence. Hmmm where did ya get the pic of me 😆

LeadSled1

Man, I thought that was me after I looped that double at Flemington.

Trying to breath and not make any noise while people were watching “EEEEEeeeEEEEeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeEEE”. (People start laughing) Try again “EEEEeeeeeeEEeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee”. That sucked. 😆

Tidey, FWIW, Colin turned Novice last week at Flemington. I had told him it was up to him if he wanted to move up voluntarily. He gave the go ahead on the way to the track. As luck would have it, he ended up racing his younger brother (6 Novice) and an 8 expert (he finished 2nd).

bmiddaugh

I love this topic because it really pi**es me off and I believe it is some fully COMMON ground that we all agree on…
    I just dug this up because bmxmom went there….
    So I decided to fully step into the fray again. LOL

RaidenHayden

In the old days when we had huge turnouts, we had beinner, novice, and expert. the plates were to the highest points. the only way to do that was to get to the expert class. And at Nats, there was NO beginners class. Now you have plates for everything, and no reason to move up!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.