Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used State of the State

• This topic has 9 voices and 81 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

yup

bmiddaugh

chilling….
    Were you at shields for the HC awards?

bmxmom156

no dan dosnt do the track series and i didnt know there was a meeting

DUHH to me! i guess if you wernt invited to the awards you didnt know about the meeting.

Macdaddy

Put bringing in new riders and their families(volounteers) aside for a second. We all know that the sport needs more riders.

There is a way to get more volounteers for locals when there is a need. The officials need to go to the parents, face-to-face and tell them to volounteer. Now I dont mean be nasty or anything but, asking for volounteers over the loud speaker or by e-mail doesnt work. The parents that would respond that way, already have. If track officials go directly to parents with, for example, the clipboard for being a corner marshall, and say something like,”we cant race without YOU” it would be hard to refuse. Do that every week until they get the point. Most people need to be asked in order to volounteer. I know that because I am like that. I also know that there are plenty of parents around to make sure the track can be open when there is a nat around. The track really needs to be open.

I think that you can separate the two problems. Make them smaller ones and fix what can be fixed the quickest and move to the next one. If the tracks can be kept open for more races then we can bring more kids in.

I know, I know, the most important problem is the rider count for locals. That does not preclude fixing something else.

bmiddaugh

Exactly.
    For some reason, people at tracks think people are just gonna come running up going ,
    I wanna help,
    I wanna help!!

Not gonna happen….it’s like sales, ya gotta say it over and over..

RaidenHayden

Still, the other needs to be addressed. Here is a good point of the current mentality. At a meeting yesterday, it was brought up that Pottstown was conflicting with HCBMX. Ok, but they are at least 2 hours away. Never the less, in order to get back some of the riders that go there or might come to HCBMX instead, it was brought up that it should be brought to their attention that since they wanna run with the NJ series, they should move to Sunday, WHY, so we could draw maybe five riders!!!!
    Here is an original idea to the rocket scientist that came up with that plan, do something to get your own!!!!!! This is what the sport has become

Macdaddy

I have never refused when asked, but I, first and foremost, want to watch my son. So when vinnie, or matt or whoever, askes, I will generally help. Im sure there are others who are just like me and i am also sure that some of them are not national riders like my son.

By the way, about how many people does it usually take to run a race?

bmxmom156

ok why would running pottstown race on a sunday be better for the state series? then they run against howell. i know its not within 1/2 hr away but some people may just travel if it was convenient for them. like i said before have them all on different days or times. if flem runs at 12 why not run pottstown sat night? its way farther from eht plus they go to tuesdays eventually during the season anyway. this gives the potts town folks a chance to do howell and they dont have to close down to do a state race either. ct has all 4 tracks running on weeknights too and they dont miss a beat when a national comes to town. flemington dosnt have lights so maybe the other tracks that do can go to night races? tues night is hard to get to but i bet that eht has more scheduled locals than any other track because of it.

bottom line is no track in the same state series should be running against each other its just not right.

RaidenHayden

The point is Deb, that in order to be included they are basically saying they will see if he will change his regularly scheduled day so they can get a few more riders for locals, I thought extortion was against the law

RaidenHayden

And I’m sure the “crap” that goes on onthis board will be brought up at the next state meeting, at least I’m not trying to act like the mafia

bmiddaugh

just in case “this site” is brought up in january.
    brokenspokes is not on the agenda.
    the state is.
    this site is not part of the state, it is part of something much bigger than NJBMX it is part of
    BMX.
    anything said on this site is just opinion.
    there will be NO time wasted on worrying about imwatchin, adam or the current beotch that someone has about any track that is brought up on this site.

the subject of a state meeting is the budget, by-laws and installing officers and following their OWN rules.

Macdaddy

I gotta disagree with you Bill. I was at the meeting in november when this was brought up and I am very much in favour of adding Pottstown. However, I feel that if you want to join some other state, It would be reasonable to ask that no track run against another if possible. Egg harbor, took a lot of flak when they decided to move their start time on Sat up so that the racers had to decide between the two. They moved back to accomodate this and it was the right thing. The two tracks are within 1 1/2 hours from each other and they shouldnt run against eash other. This is a similar situation. Running on Sunday though, I dont know, Maybe Sunday evening or if they must run against another track, then It should be against the farthest track away.

Macdaddy

By the way what meeting was this?

And – Pottstown is a very well run and maintained track. They would bring an outside point of view into the stagnentcy that is NJBMX. I thought that this is what everyone wanted?

RaidenHayden

I’m not against Pottstownbeing in the series, I’m all for it!!! However, they shouldn’t be forced to change their race day for locl events to accomadate HCBMX so HC will pick up a few more for the locals. Saying that could be suggested to Pottstown for them to be allowed amounts to extortion, that is what is running this state

RaidenHayden

Perssonally . I don’t think Pottstwon draws that many from HCBMX, and Mac if you think extorting them into changing their time is good, man, I do not know what to say

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.