Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used State of the State

• This topic has 9 voices and 81 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Meeting was HC’s

RaidenHayden

ANd if the guy has a commitment on Sun, screw him change, when he has been running, how about put out a few flyers do SOME work

Macdaddy

Bill, I am still not following you. What extortion? To ask someone to make some accomodations is not extortion. If you ran a soccer team and asked to join a different league, you would be subject to that leagues rules. I dont think that asking for some consessions amounts to extortion.

mind you, I am not a fan of the entity that is NJBMX so you know that I am not being a “mouthpiece”. Remember, they are asking to join NJ, NJ didnt ask them to join us.

RaidenHayden

If you don’t change no entry, after they were all for it. To me the riders will learn by example, and as that track does not really factor, why change theguys schedule around so one track can get maybe 5 riders? If we are going to be that petty for rider loads, we have come to a bad place, the kids learn from example, and that is a bad example

Macdaddy

Dont get me wrong, If I had a say, I would not have asked them to change, But I can feel for them. Also I think that they may be thinking that they may lose riders from nj to go to Pottstown instead of hc because that race will now count for the state. not just pottstown riders going there. Cant you even acknowledge that that may happen? I know that you have serious problems with the leadership of the state, but not everything that happens is of evil intent, it just seems that way.

bmxmom156

maybe its not about the tracks getting more riders its about the riders getting to race more tracks….

i dont think they are trying to take any riders from other tracks i think they want to do the schedule so as many riders get as much opportunity to race as possible. why make a rider choose what track on a given day?

i wasnt there at the meeting but if it were me i know my son would ask me to go to pottstown to race somewhere different, race different kids thats part of the exitement of it ( i think) and the knappers are old time flemington racers by nature so i would think they would want to keep the tracks best interest at heart.

i dont see the extortion issue either…

RaidenHayden

Ok, for say five riders, if I had the choice of one day, would it be any different, my real point is that this state, does not thinnk about growing the sport, it seemsl like they are looking for an easy fix. A little hard work goes a long way!! Hell, a little work would even do the trick

bmxmom156

where did the 800 lb gorrilla come from? is that new?

or am i just slow and blind….i did get my new glasses this past week

WOW

Macdaddy

I grt it. I feel as frustrated as you do, but this particular issue isnt it. When there are many more important beefs against the leadership.

check your pm in a couple of minutes.

RaidenHayden

For five rider you would be willing to make a guy change his day!!!! The sport really has taken a turn for the worse!!!
    Deb is ther a certain sched you adhere to, what if it suddenly because someone decided they wanted there way, messed up your day, now how would you feel

Macdaddy

Bill, I cant speak for deb but, If she wanted to join a different group and that droup said that there was a conflict, then yes.

again, I dont think is is all about these “5” riders.

RaidenHayden

They knew his day when they said yes or considered, now lets change the agreement. Not a good businees praactice

bmxmom156

i guess i dont follow you. if a track is going to join the state i would think that they all should be on different days. if they run on the same day as flemington as they do now( if they do now) then both tracks have to agree that they wont be any problems if they dont go to either place??? is that waht you want?

i dont have a schedule. i just thought having another day to race would be great for the riders in nj. when mullica did friday nights we didnt go there every week but it was a nice option when we did go… plus they didnt run against anyone else in the state either and it seemed to work out fine.

RaidenHayden

The same genuis that hatched this plan also asked if CJBMX, could be talked into changing their day, so they would run against Pottstown, so you see, it’s all about him and screw everybody else

Macdaddy

Maybe not but it is their perogative to do so. This does not invalidate your other part of this. They need to find a lot more riders. That is up to them.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.