Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Riled up.

• This topic has 16 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

I agree with Rich on many of his points, but I strongly disagree with the olympics. The NBL is bankin on this one race, and the three pros that we send, that’s it to help bring the sport up!!! However, with the fiasco that was the worlds, and the fact that same people will be runnning it for us again!!!! In the 80’s we were NOT part of the olympic structure, we were HUGE!!!!!!!! There is a study somewhere that shows that the year after a sport is included in the olympics, that the sport increases by 40%, that is good if it works, but there have been so many things that have been done to grow the sport that have failed!!!

RaidenHayden

I agree with Rich on many of his points, but I strongly disagree with the olympics. The NBL is bankin on this one race, and the three pros that we send, that’s it to help bring the sport up!!! However, with the fiasco that was the worlds, and the fact that same people will be runnning it for us again!!!! In the 80’s we were NOT part of the olympic structure, we were HUGE!!!!!!!! There is a study somewhere that shows that the year after a sport is included in the olympics, that the sport increases by 40%, that is good if it works, but there have been so many things that have been done to grow the sport that have failed!!!

BIGANT-DOG

sorry bout the english, but i was half sleep.

BIGANT-DOG

sorry bout the english, but i was half sleep.

LeadSled1

Dale, ABA is not based on total points collection for nationals. Best 6 scores count.

Now for your district (state of N.J.) it is total points collection, which is great. The kids get rewarded for supporting their local tracks as those points go towards their district plate that they can run at any race in the nation. The kids can run as many single point local races as they want and they are rewarded for doing so. What do you currently get from the NBL for running dozens of local races each year? Nothing. The NBL state high points plate will go to someone who runs the 103 national series. An Expert perfect at a NBL national gives you 800 local points. It is impossible to pass someone by racing locals when they are pulling down those kinds of points. We have riders here in DE and PA that will hit 100+ locals in a season, because they get something out of doing that with the ABA.

Also, in the ABA you do not get all of your main points from the nationals until after you have raced 10 single point races. For every single point race you do you get 10% of your national scores added in to your district. This gets the national riders to come out and race locals. If they do not race them then they do not compete against the local racers for the district points and plates.

The way the Worlds was run this year was a joke. If that is what we are banking the future of the sport on it will be sad.

It seems a lot like comparing car racing. NASCAR is a true American motorsport where F1 is euro.

The ABA is more Americanized like NASCAR and the UCI is on the lines of F1. The NBL is making a swing for the F1 fame and is the Indy Racing League (IRL).

LeadSled1

Dale, ABA is not based on total points collection for nationals. Best 6 scores count.

Now for your district (state of N.J.) it is total points collection, which is great. The kids get rewarded for supporting their local tracks as those points go towards their district plate that they can run at any race in the nation. The kids can run as many single point local races as they want and they are rewarded for doing so. What do you currently get from the NBL for running dozens of local races each year? Nothing. The NBL state high points plate will go to someone who runs the 103 national series. An Expert perfect at a NBL national gives you 800 local points. It is impossible to pass someone by racing locals when they are pulling down those kinds of points. We have riders here in DE and PA that will hit 100+ locals in a season, because they get something out of doing that with the ABA.

Also, in the ABA you do not get all of your main points from the nationals until after you have raced 10 single point races. For every single point race you do you get 10% of your national scores added in to your district. This gets the national riders to come out and race locals. If they do not race them then they do not compete against the local racers for the district points and plates.

The way the Worlds was run this year was a joke. If that is what we are banking the future of the sport on it will be sad.

It seems a lot like comparing car racing. NASCAR is a true American motorsport where F1 is euro.

The ABA is more Americanized like NASCAR and the UCI is on the lines of F1. The NBL is making a swing for the F1 fame and is the Indy Racing League (IRL).

bmxmom156

brett whatever you guys decide to do please speak to somoene over at cheri lindsay track they had a heap of trouble this yr when they decided to “make the switch” and had problems with their contract and what happened in all of this was that the riders suffered. i spoke to a friend of mine who has ch lindsay as his home track and he said when all was said and done they had a total of 5 LOCAL RACES and ended up back nbl… their season was shot.. the kids suffered in the long run.

so i am not saying not to look elsewhere but whatever you do please have all your eggs in a basket and research this fully would hate to repeat the same scenerio here in jersey we dont need the riders racing less our goal is to get more riders on more tracks and more often correct?

this comment referring to your legal thread/ nbl contract above. i dont know anything about what we can or cant do but please speak to someone at this track who has been there done that…i believe g.elmy visits this site as well as nebmxnews.com on occasion ask him he is very knowlegable about the transition( or lack of it ) that they went through.

bmxmom156

brett whatever you guys decide to do please speak to somoene over at cheri lindsay track they had a heap of trouble this yr when they decided to “make the switch” and had problems with their contract and what happened in all of this was that the riders suffered. i spoke to a friend of mine who has ch lindsay as his home track and he said when all was said and done they had a total of 5 LOCAL RACES and ended up back nbl… their season was shot.. the kids suffered in the long run.

so i am not saying not to look elsewhere but whatever you do please have all your eggs in a basket and research this fully would hate to repeat the same scenerio here in jersey we dont need the riders racing less our goal is to get more riders on more tracks and more often correct?

this comment referring to your legal thread/ nbl contract above. i dont know anything about what we can or cant do but please speak to someone at this track who has been there done that…i believe g.elmy visits this site as well as nebmxnews.com on occasion ask him he is very knowlegable about the transition( or lack of it ) that they went through.

LeadSled1

Brett knows what they went through. Believe me, it is a sore subject.

LeadSled1

Brett knows what they went through. Believe me, it is a sore subject.

bmxmom156

ok great – the conversation i had w/my friend at pottstown was very depressing and not what the locals had in mind when the switch was planned.

wow i like the race locals to get your national main points in rule. sounds like a great idea. there are a lot of things about the aba i dont know but boy i dont know if we could get 10 locals in though with all the rainouts and cancellations. that would mean that the tracks wouldnt be able to close on weekends there were nationals/regionals( we lost alot of track time there in jersey for sure) but in order to keep them open the volunteers have to be parents whos kids dont go to the away races…

kind of like a catach 22

bmxmom156

ok great – the conversation i had w/my friend at pottstown was very depressing and not what the locals had in mind when the switch was planned.

wow i like the race locals to get your national main points in rule. sounds like a great idea. there are a lot of things about the aba i dont know but boy i dont know if we could get 10 locals in though with all the rainouts and cancellations. that would mean that the tracks wouldnt be able to close on weekends there were nationals/regionals( we lost alot of track time there in jersey for sure) but in order to keep them open the volunteers have to be parents whos kids dont go to the away races…

kind of like a catach 22

bmiddaugh

Been there done that does not apply to NJ.
    Like we have said that was one track trying to fight injustice.
    A group of people who get a motivated lawyer will fix whatever problem is out there.
    And.
    If you know some things other people don’t want known….

bmiddaugh

Been there done that does not apply to NJ.
    Like we have said that was one track trying to fight injustice.
    A group of people who get a motivated lawyer will fix whatever problem is out there.
    And.
    If you know some things other people don’t want known….

bmiddaugh

I shall endeavor to get a copy of the track contract from someone.
    Perhaps Janeen, or Lisa can help with that.
    Ya see if those little 2 tracks go alone to fight something bad it’s not quite gonna work….
    But if 4-5 tracks begin to band together, say we’ve had it,we’re making a stand.
    DAMMIT, make a stand, what the hell is everyone so afraid of? Are the kids suffering right now? The local racing scene is all but dead. The nationals are there only to feeda rolling atm machine. The annual, “meeting of the minds” gets nothing done.
    Does no one but myself wonder why this is the way it is?

I WANT A COPY OF THE NBL’S TRACK CONTRACT.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.