Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Riled up.

• This topic has 16 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Kevin, is this it?

Actually Brett, an ABA track can run a Moto system instead of a qualifying system, you just have to let the ABA know you are doing it. The reasons allmost all of the ABA tracks opt to run the transfer system is that everyone else is doing it or it’s the only system they are used to.

As far as the Contracts..”A” is Illegal..it is either a 5 year contract or a renewable contract, not both. Any first year Law student will tell you that one..or for that matter anyone that watches Law & Order can figure that out.

“B” is also “la Toilette” You can not change the stipulation of a contract just by “Crossing Out and filling in” What is it?..a three year, or a renewable..same as #1

“C” sounds more plausable..year to year..once the year is up the contract can either be “renewed” or discarded. Now here is where it gets tricky. Some of these contracts have built in automatic renewal clauses(Just like cell phone contracts) in them. The way you beat them is, lets say CJBMX wants to switch to ABA at the end of this season. Before the “renewal Date” of your contract comes up, attatch a “Declaration of Notification To Terminate Agreement” (Maybe called something different in NJ or elswhere) from you lawyer, notorized, to the contract for this year. Although you will have to finish the season with the NBL, they can not force you into the agreement for next season.
    I’m speaking from experience here, although not a BMX related incident, it happened to me with a credit card processing company and this is how my attorney told me to beat it. It worked.
    Different states have different time allowances, some may be as much as a year, others only require a 30 day notification, in my case it was 90 days. Also, the state that the entity, or BMX track exists, is the state where the law takes precedence, not where the sanctioning body exists.

Just for everyone’s info, I’m not dishing out free legal advice nor am I a qualified expert, except in my own stated case, but most of this is common sense. Just the threat of a lawsuit is enough to force people to submit and sign. Fortunatly I’m not one of those types and I do enjoy a challenge. The last thing I’m sure the NBL wants to hear is “Talk to my Lawyer”..or worse yet, have an attorney contact them.

Keeping things “Hushed” is a way to keep the “huddled Masses”..well,…huddled I guess. “The less they know, the better it is for us” type of mentality.

Ah well..I gotta get back to work and….Law & Order is on!!

Kevin

That’s it!

bmiddaugh

Who will be the one to make a stand?

rider1

The ICA was a sanction that was formed back in 1992 or 93, I dont really remember. It was cutting edge thinking in those days. The program was way different than the aba and the nbl. On the pro side, each pro did a time trial,one lap of the track, best time won. Each pro was introduced, sponsors named. It was cool. The purses were also big. I think the pro dug it. The other thing was the format of the race. Normally the race starts and they run through all the classes. ICA had time slots for all the classes. Like experts ran from 9 till 10. Then girls from 10 till 11, cruiser 11 till 12 etc. It was cool, you knew what time to be there, and it was run quick. I dont remember if the mains were run together or not. Also the awards were cool , placques and a guy was there and ingraved your name on it. It only lasted like 3 natinoals,dont know what happend.

Rich

bmiddaugh

Sounds good, who was running it any idea?
    How about IBMXA? lol

rider1

Greg Hill was one of the players. Not sure of the others.

Rich

bmiddaugh

How does it feel to have given all that cash to the nbl and see it in it’s current state? Rich you had a right to say all the things you did at the beginning of the year, I see that now.

Kevin

I think….wasn’t Dean Hickey, who at one time was with the ABA, then got involved with the ICA, then went back to the ABA afterward, involved? I seem to recall something like that going on about then.

rider1

For the record,1;I take no pleasure in the fact that it has come to this.2; I still,and always have loved BMX. 3;even though I am focused on road cycling I will ALWAYS be a BMXER at heart. It was after all BMX that made me the cyclest I am today. 4; the comments I made at the begining of the year were out of anger. I in no way wanted to insult anyone,or step on any toes. That being said, now any help I can provide would be my pleasure. Seeing BMX grow would be great. Who knows mabey I will race 25 nationals again. Lastly,Brett, your right Warnickie would never have put up with this. Had he ben here it never would have come to this. That man was a real leader. Who knows where we would be today?

Good luck at the grands everbody

Rich

Caveman

Wasn’t that the sanction that held their first national and tried to draw the pros with a big purse so the ABA quick threw together a few local races in So Cal with a big purse to keep the pros from going and squash the new sanction?

This is what is disgusting about the sanctions. Instead of trying to bring new riders in they’re just competing for the ones that already exist. That’s why the first thing BMX needs in order to get anywhere is ONE sanction in the U.S. but that’s a whole other topic. Besides, the two sanctions are such bitter enemies they will probably fight any attempt to combine to the bitter end.

All the same I think the ABA is the better sanction to go with right now.

I’ll be at the meeting on the 9th.

4130forlife

wasnt bmx supposed to be FUN.. fuck all this politic money bullshit.. i hate what i am reading.. arg its killing me.. i just want to ride my bike with my friends..the hell with trophies or any of that crap.. just laughing and jumping.. maybe some pop a wheelies.. this just kills me to no ebd.. fuck tedesco.. fuck the aba.. just ride.. have fun… arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

BIGANT-DOG

Ya know dave just summed it up. Hell i miss the days of just getting together and rididng. That is why i feel we should go to brian p’s party. have some damn FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

Dave is right in that we should have fun…hell we always have fun..
    But it is time for the older riders to step up and become the ones who run BMX racing, it is what happened in BMX freestyle and look where that is.
    At some point in your life you have to take responsibility for the things you care about.
    It’s about time we did.
    Does anyone here believe that a person who is over 60 years of age WHO HAS NEVER RIDDEN has a clue about how we feel about this whole BMX thing?
    Do you think they know what it felt like to be beaten for a main position by one spot and feel that?
    Do you think they know how it felt to get pimped in that turn, “cause you just turned x-pert and needed your welcome to the big boys initation?”
    Do they know how it feels to work your ass off on promoting something and making something then having SOMEONE ELSE tell you what you should be doing with it?
    No, no more. Generation X started this as kids and we are going to fix it as adults.
    AND…
    we are gonna have fun doing it, it’s been fun so far hasn’t it?
    Who here has been having a good time because you finally have a place to come and share your thoughts and views without fear of censorship?

bmxer901

just a quick question. I hope that you guys have looked into or thought about other racing programs for the rookies/novices if you want to take away them beeing able to do nationals and regionals. Yes when they sandbag its a BIG problem. But what about the others that give it there all every single moto they do. Is everyone forgetting that they are the ones that grow up and turn into pro’s. I can tell you right now that the nbl will do nothing about this matter. Resently i brought up sandbagging to bob T. and Dave M. at the constitution classic. The reason was becuase of back at the freadom national the national #1 rider told everyone that he had to sandbag so he could stay #1, so he stopped on the track and fell over. everyone in the moto protested it by coasting accross the line and then protested him. becuase of that everyone got a move up.
    with all of the rookies/novices that race the experts and pros alone wont be able to hold enough motos to keep it going.

CrazyCraig

Rookies should be just that: ROOKIES!!

We know that no one is going to stop rookies from going to Nationals at this point, it just aint gonna happen, but by giving them National Plates, its killing the sport, and your post proves the point.

There needs to be time limits on Rookies, and possibly should have never been invited to Nationals. It takes away the incentive to move up. Isn’t racing about getting better???

Yes, I know there are going to be some rookies that may never improve there skills, but that is what the local programs are for. I have seen alot of the #1 rookies at the nats, and they should all be at least Novice by now.

This is also another reason to have pre-race meetings with parents and new riders during their first couple of months: to drive home some of this stuff and urge riders to improve and grow. Anyone who encourages sandbagging is only hurting the rider in the long run.

This is all about LONG TERM thinking.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.