Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Open class for state series???

• This topic has 12 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    tpbmxtd

@bmxer901 wrote:

no one ever said that should run another series. If the board gives it an ok as a series than just like th epro am parents would be able to volunteer to help organize it and run it. At the least we are looking to be able to have an open and thats it. i know they currently offer an open but no one ever knows about it.

You are right, the opens have always been there and people don’t use them. I would imagine it is because of the expense of having to pay for both class and open. But you are also looking at racing pretty much the same people you would race in class anyway.

If you decide to make this a series, come to the meeting prepared. Like Rich said, present it at the meeting and see what you can do. When we did the Pro/Am we had everything figured out before we presented it to the board.

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

rich the riders need to be there also along with the people who will run it. after all they are involved. —

Anthony,
    Rich and Jim are right, the State meetings are not the place for younger kids.

moderator1

If I remember correctly the Pro/Am was a series that was put together to keep the older riders involved and not to just give them other riders to race.

I believe that there was something like 7 pro’s that were qualified to race the president cup this year for NJ, more than has been in along time.

bmiddaugh

Correct mod1, 7 Pros.

bmiddaugh

Here is an idea to help with the money thing:

16 over open can race open for full price, discount to race class as well. Since the open money goes to the purse.

15 under opens race class for full price, discount to race open as well. Since the class money goes to year end awards. Prizes for opens can be donated stuff from businesses that the parents got to donate.

Older riders are not as concerned with state plates but that will keep them into the series.

Younger riders who are more into the plates and the like will get the price break to encourage them to race in a class with “more riders” to teach them how to race full gates.

Bend.

bmxer901

How many of our “qualified” pro’s raced the cup this year?

moderator1

@bmxer901 wrote:

How many of our “qualified” pro’s raced the cup this year?

How many of the 129 qualified riders raced the cup?

You can only lead a horse to water, you can’t make him drink…..

bmxer901

Anybody that is 16 & up could have raced the pro am and qualified. Look at the ages 11-15 or even 12-15 look at their moto count. Im sure that the parents dont want to spend all that money to get nj1 out of what 2 maybe 3 riders. The only reason why victor has done the state series everyyear is simply becuase hes been nj 1 on both bikes every year but I think 1. Whats th eproblem with giving the kids more comp and prepairing them with what they need to push themselves farther.

moderator1

@bmxer901 wrote:

Anybody that is 16 & up could have raced the pro am and qualified. Look at the ages 11-15 or even 12-15 look at their moto count. Im sure that the parents dont want to spend all that money to get nj1 out of what 2 maybe 3 riders. The only reason why victor has done the state series everyyear is simply becuase hes been nj 1 on both bikes every year but I think 1. Whats th eproblem with giving the kids more comp and prepairing them with what they need to push themselves farther.

I think its a good idea to have opens again, not putting down anyone for trying. But like what was said in another thread, they are already there, people just need to use them. But unless you can convince parents from other states to drive 2-3 hrs or maybe more to race in an open you are going to just have the same riders racing class as you have racing open.

You are also looking for people to have to pay more to race an open series, they would need to race class and open.

Another way to get the younger moto count up is to go out and recruit riders, promote the sport of BMX. The more riders that are brought in, the more riders to race.

I hope that there can be opens run at the state races because it would add to the excitement. I would also say maybe look at what Kevin posted about doing trophy dashes, could be another way of getting the riders to race different riders without the added expense. Something to think about.

bmxer901

I know we currently have open classes. We need to make them more interesting in order to boost up the amount of riders. The normal moto count isnt going to change to much. The thing with the open class is that it will let the riders race others at differant ages. We have some of the fastest racers in the country but yet some of them dont want anything to do with the state series. If we try and bring this into maybe it would be apealing to them and bring em back.

BIGANT-DOG

Anthony,
    Rich and Jim are right, the State meetings are not the place for younger kids.

Glenn after thinking about it you are right to a point, This is just my opinon. But I think that by showing them how things are done, in 15 or 20 years these guys might want to do what we are doing. I geuss what I am trying to say is point the youth in the right direction now so the future can continue.

tpbmxtd

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

…But I think that by showing them how things are done, in 15 or 20 years these guys might want to do what we are doing. I geuss what I am trying to say is point the youth in the right direction now so the future can continue.

You might also scare them off….. 😯

I am not saying they shouldn’t be involved, I just remember the first meeting I attended…..

bmiddaugh

I think if you are 16 or over you should come on out to state meetings.

Otherwise…chill and ride your bike…. —

Let’s hope all future state meetings hold the decorum that we have been experiencing of late regardless as to whether people have conflicting idealogies.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.