Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Open class for state series???

• This topic has 12 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    bmxer901

I know that it would have to go through all the steps to even be brought up at the meeting or what ever. Anyway Victor has brought this up many times about why do you have to be 16 in order to race a big open at the state series and everytime I tell him becuase when you turn 16 you can go pro and it is the 16& over pro open. Well is there anyway we might be able to do like a 15& under future pro open. I mean the younger riders are our future pros. They can have a point series or somthing and at the end of the series award the top riders with savings bonds or somthing.

phantom

Cassidy would do it for sure she always asks to be in those opens.

bmxmom156

been there- done that they wont budge…

he will ahve to wait till he is 16 as far as that goes… locally its a different story i guess but for the state series i think it has to be by the books…

he has his whole life ahead of him to race open/// some of those guys are a little bigger than h im and i think the concern is more for his safety so i can understand that…but if he wants to do it locally go where they do the local opens weekly like howell and pottstown i guess…

phantom

The Steelwheels track also has a future pro race every year so it can be done.

bmiddaugh

Parental units.
    Come to the state meeting which is coming up VERY soon.
    Bring the idea.
    Make it happen.
    It’ll only take like 4 or 5 people to make it happen….

OR MAYBE
    some of the older, (not archaic old like me, Glen, Rich’s, Cave etc…more like Jim, Jimmy, Vinnie, etc…) riders get together and run a series for the 12-15 crowd.
    But I would NOT look to someone else to do it for you.

phantom

When and where is the meeting and 12 to 15 would be the idea age group and experts only.I know this would put some charge in those kids racing and be an awsome race.I feel it should be aproached as one race to let the people see it wouldnt be unsafe and exciting for the younger racers.

BIGANT-DOG

take it from me. I approached the baord about the K.O.S. and they listened. And i had no one to really back me up. (Not like you guys) If you want it done organize and go for it.

4130forlife

you cant please everyone

BIGANT-DOG

The Steelwheels track also has a future pro race every year so it can be done.

phantom go for it Igot your message. Scotty and Vinne will listen to you. just come to the next meeting and have all your stuff put in the form of a proposal. If you need help ask lisa heath, she will give you any info you need.

bmxmom156

def keep it 12-15…isnt there another thread started about this?? ( sounds familiar)

901 i agree its a great idea just get your thoughts/ eggs in a basket before you go and make the proposal like ant said. agree making it experts only may encourage novs to move up to x also if theyhave something really cool/fun to look fwd to( not having to wait till 16 that is)

ihatem

I think that there should be a 8 & under open, make it fun for the little guys too.They are also the future pros! (no money, just a little prize)

Motos take all of what 40 seconds, I think there would be time to squeese one of them in! —

kevh

Just a thought since it seems like we are going to have an open for everything at this point.

What about the old trophy dashes? Take all the class (rookie, novice, expert and girl) winners and let them battle 1 lap for bragging rights or small prize. The only enter it if they want to and we can probably break up some age groups.

1 lap – 5 minutes after the mains, and use playing cards to pick gates.

bmiddaugh

We did a trophy dash at the Iron Man in 2006, not too many people knew what it was…
    LOL.
    Doing it a few more times might make it mainstream again.

Trophy dashes were the shit BITD.

phantom

Kevin most definently.

BIGANT-DOG

doesn’t john salizman have a truckload of trophies he wanted to get rid of? Well if he does we could do trophy dash at every race this season. Not one dime has to be spent on any trophies. from what i remeber he had alot, and there are enough of on here with big vehicles to get em.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.