Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Open class for state series???

• This topic has 12 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    sickryder83

As much as i don’t like the fact that i had to race class to race the open, i understand why. This is a business. The tracks don’t make money off of the opens. If everybody raced open and people stopped racing class there would be less money going into the tracks………..Also i think that by having the age restriction on the open, it gives the kids something to look foward to. From what i have heard, there is a lot of work that goes alog with running these open races. Farside and Knapper did a lot of work to get this open operational. Are there parents out there that would be up for this responsibility?

bmiddaugh

Are there parents out there that would be up for this responsibility?

bmxer901

Everyone keeps on bringing up the 16& over open. first its not the same 16& over open as it used to be. Now its a series and theres sponsors and alot more money involved. Therefore that means more work. All we wanna do is start a 15 & under open, a series if possible but we have to start somewhere. I already did some research and found the CA, FL and even COLORADO does an open that is sort of like this. Canada even has a 15& under open series that runs with their national series. It can be done and theres alot of people out there that are interested in this. So again why should nj be all about the older riders?

4130forlife

because carl, thats just the way it is

bmxer901

Than why does everyone keep saying that nj bmx is about the younger riders and how they are the future of the sport. if their the futur of the sport than do somthing for em instead doing stuff that doesnt affect them.

bmiddaugh

Are there parents out there that would be up for this responsibility?

No one is saying you can’t do it.
    But someone needs to run it.
    The state organization is designed to run a state series, they are being good enough to see the benefit in other people having “fun things to do” to promote people coming to the state series….
    But I and no one else should, expect them to run anything other than the state series.

BIGANT-DOG

It can be done and there are alot of people out there that are interested in this. So again why should nj be all about the older riders?

DAN FORTE
    RYAN HELLY
    PAT CORDARO

They will race this class

Carl do not listen to anyone that tells you no, this can’t be done. Hell the younger riders are the future of this sport. the hatem’s the robbin’s the crammer’s the elito’s and I could go on. Things do not have to stay the same.

bmxer901

no one ever said that should run another series. If the board gives it an ok as a series than just like th epro am parents would be able to volunteer to help organize it and run it. At the least we are looking to be able to have an open and thats it. i know they currently offer an open but no one ever knows about it. i remember the state series used to be big and that was just a few years ago. When we first started there was even t-shirts for the series sold at all the events. The moto count was up the riders were happy. What happened? Maybe it becuase if you look at how many younger riders there are to older riders (15& under/16& over) It favors in the younger group. Now look at how many of those younger riders continue racing once they hit 16. It dramatically drops, not only becuase of the sport itself but also life. Now if theres somthing else in the sport for them things could be differant.

RFarside

@bmxer901 wrote:

It can be done and theres alot of people out there that are interested in this.

Again bring all the people who will be involved with this open to the next State meeting on February 2 and present your ideas to the board. This is where you will need to start.

bmiddaugh

Hello? Is this thing on?

I don’t see too many responses to the official thread up there with people stating, YEA I’M DOWN!…well besides phantom.
    So….
    PROPS to phantom!

BIGANT-DOG

I got my own series to run, but i will help promote anyother series out there that is BENEFICIAL TO THE RIDERS.

And i bet that there are people who want to see this, but because it is brokenspokes.net they won’t and that is sad, becasue all we want to do is make the sport bigger and better.

BIGANT-DOG

Again bring all the people who will be involved with this open to the next State meeting on February 2 and present your ideas to the board. This is where you will need to start.

I hope to bring 3 kids. and I will try to get them to bring more.

RFarside

Ant I wasn’t referring to the riders. You need to bring the people who will be involved in running this series to the meeting.

BIGANT-DOG

rich the riders need to be there also along with the people who will run it. after all they are involved. —

sickryder83

it would be a better idea to have the riders parent attend the meeting rather than the young rider.. the vibe that i’ve gotten from these meetings is that it is not a place for a kid to be . haha also i think that the only way this could work would be if you went to the meeting with people who say that they will run it. if you go and just pitch the idea to them they will brush it off. if you say you will run it they will put more merit behind the idea. the more prepared you are before you go the better chance you’ll have. these people would also have to have a written plan, rules, awards, point system, exc…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.