Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

O.K., this is to all you guys and girls who went to the speed seminar with Greg Hill.

This is a post to log how you are keeping up with the steps and training that Greg showed us. It is for support to keep you going and questions if you need help. Track your daily activities and lets keep it up. lets see what results we can achieve in the next 4 weeks with some hard work.

I am now getting up at 5a.m. to have more time to stay on schedule.

Monday 6-20: Recovery day 😳

Tuesday 6-21 A.M.: 25 minutes of stretching.

CrazyCraig

My legs are almost back to normal, but I did 15 minutes full stretching on Monday 6/19 with one set of 15 crunches to work the abs. Need to get more sets in on the ab work.

Hopefully heading out to tonights double race at EHT if I can get out of my office in the next 15 minutes. If I make it there tonight, then the next week & a half will be training (I am probably not racing this weekend)

Craigmeur77

Monday 6/19 – recovery day

Tuesday 6/20 – am: stretch, 5 minutes (late for work), pm: 40 minutes of sprints after dinner (approx. 20-25 sprints of varying lenghts). Greg said you’ll see a difference after a doing 100 of these but I can already feel a difference, not so much in power but in form (i.e., front tire is lifting smoother and transition to 2nd and 3rd crank feels tighter.

s4lnj

monday– ate a bunch of garbage– verticle leaps–2 sets 15 one set 12

tuesday– ate better– try and get some sprints in tonight after kids asleep

LeadSled1

Tuesday 6/21 pm: 30 sprints. JD did 12. Switched out to flat pedals, put on the gloves and helmet.

I noticed more that instead of the burn my legs just started getting tired around 25 sprints. It was hard to get a good effort out of them. 😆

CWCCRIDER

@Craigmeur77 wrote:

Tuesday 6/20 – am: stretch, 5 minutes (late for work), .

I did the same thing!!!!

Anyone wanting to meet down EHT for some pump laps post it here!!!

rider1

Hey guys,dont forget to do some recoevery rides durning the week. The way to do them is 30 minutes at a steady pace like 50 to 60 rpm. These are really imporant! Keep up the good work!!!!

Richie Rich…………

CWCCRIDER

I am doing my first roadbike ride today !!!
    It is only 16 miles but it’s a start !!

CrazyCraig

@CWCCRIDER wrote:

I am doing my first roadbike ride today !!!
    It is only 16 miles but it’s a start !!

Did you shave your legs? 😆

CWCCRIDER

LMAO!!!! Man I messed up with that post !!!

rider1

shaved legs,cool!! Dude once you ride the road youll never go back. Lets ride some time. Then I’ll get you to the velodrome for some match sprint.

Richie Rich

s4lnj

wed 21— mowed 1.5 acres of grass with a push mower– more of an “active recovery ” day for me

LeadSled1

6/22 pm: 6 pump laps on flats at BD. 5 full out practice laps and raced with the 17 & 18 year olds.

GregHill

Can rider1 give a shaving seminar? I do not want to wind up having a complete bleed out in the process..Shave Much? LOL

rider1

Ok,leg shaving 101. Get a pair of hair clippers. Run them up and down both legs. Second, get shaving cream and razor, repeat. Then get some lotion and rub it in. Repeat every few days.

Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.