Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

Scented or unscented lotion? 😆

RaidenHayden

Who wears short shorts LOL

Bill, the thought of you in short shorts just ruined my evening!!!

Craigmeur77

6/22 – 20 sprints after work. Think I’ll shave my legs so I can be one of the cool kids!

huh, huh, Rider1 got ragged on by Greg Hill, huh, huh…thats awesome!

s4lnj

thursday-22nd–20 sprints

Macdaddy

My 12 novice son took part in the seminar. WOW! I thought I had a little knowledge about bmx but I guess what they say about a little knowledge is true. When we got home the first thing he did was to write out his goals. After that we put together a weekly routine(also written out).

On Monday he stretched for 15 minutes then did 2 sets of 15 sprints (30 yards)

On tuesday he streched again, did 15 gates on our homemade electric gate. then practiced at Bensalem BMX – turns and pumping

Today was more streching and 2 sets of 15 sprints.

I have never seen him as excited about bmx as he has been recently and gregs obvious love for the sport was infectious. Pretty soon zachary might be good enough for factory bmx legend!

Oh yeah, there was a Todd Lyons sighting at Bensalem on Tuesday(sorry Greg)

Macdaddy

Oh one other thing – luckily Zach has not asked about shaving his legs

CrazyCraig

Yesterday morning:

5 minutes stretching, 10 crunches (need to start doing those when the kids are not around)

Last night (with full gear including helmet):

Rode 3/4 mile to parking lot to do sprints. 20 sprints – about 20yds. Gut started to feel it around #15 – last 5 were tough.

Rode 1.25 mile to Pathmark on errand for wife. Then rode 2 miles back with multiple small uphills. Constant pedalaling, no breaks.

Got home – did 3 sets of the plyometric jumps – 3, 5 & last set did 7.

LeadSled1

Found out what my undercover brother has been up to so I needed to step it up.

6/23 50 sprints. Followed with 3 sets of 25 vertical jumps. Feeling like super doggy doo. 😯

Craigmeur77

6/23 — local race at New Paltz, took 2,2,2 in Cruiser (3 guys in the moto). Overall, I spent considerably more time on my bike this week than usual. Also ate much healthier, kept thinking about Greg saying “you don’t have to eat 9 slices of pizza just because it’s there.” I was good with portion control, ate more protein to help muscle recovery and stayed away from sugary snacks.

LeadSled1

Thats been one of the life changing things for me. I never ate breakfast. Now I am and I do feel better through the day.

4130forlife

training sucks.. just ride your damn bikes

LeadSled1

training sucks..

So does losing and I have had about enough of that shat I can take. It’s a whole new ballgame. 😈

CrazyCraig

@4130forlife wrote:

training sucks.. just ride your damn bikes

He’s right, training does suck, but like Jess said, so does losing. 3 days after training with Greg Hill (the first time I have ever officially trained), I felt 10 times faster, and somehow managed to endure a double header last Tuesday at EHT racing 35-39 Cruiser AND 35+ Nov (with Farside in some of those races). I raced 13 times in 2-1/2 hours.

I definitely like the results that training brings, and it gets me on my “damn bike” more because now I’m accountable to it. Jess will confer that its not easy with a family, but worth it.

Training is like most rewarding things in life: if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.