Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    GregHill

Guy’s are we training? Sprints, vert jumps w/ dumbbell’s, track time, let’s get busy!!!!

CrazyCraig

Greg – you know its been a tough winter for me. It looks like FINALLY I might be kickin a upper respiratory thing that has been doggin me since the Veterans Day race back in November. The good news is the doc cleared me on the other stuff we spoke about.

I’m gettin my diet back on track and today started off with a full stretching routine. Ugh! I’m worse than I thought, but time to get back at it. I do not expect to be back on my game by the Jack Frost in 4 weeks, but we will see how much I can accomplish by then. My sites are set on the East Coast Nats in April where I plan on making the 35 Expert Main.

Some potentially good news: My wife is a teacher and the 2007-2008 school season will start a week late (due to school construction) so a family trip to the Grands may be in order this year. As of now, that is my goal for this year – being in the 35X Main with full confidence I will have the ability to win it, much like my goal last year with 35 Nov. I will also be racing 40-44 Cruiser by then (August b-day) so I have my work cut out for me, since y’all know who I’ll be up against there. Not worried about number plates this year, although I think our state series will see some great 30+ racing this year. Its all about local excitement but training for the big race!

bmiddaugh

um…
    Greg has been seeing where all my training has been going, LOL!

s4lnj

i raked the snow off the track today in order to ride!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

Dedication.

s4lnj

i’ve been training alot. i started my off season training in september. had a long talk with rich carolan, he had me set up till dec. after that, i didn’t want to bother him with my training, knowing that he was trying to concentrate on his own. but from what i knew about recovery, building speed, and a few really informative threads on vintage, i set up my own program. over the last month i had been under the watchfull eye of greg hill, craig wilson, and rich farside. i can’t thank those guys enough.

here is where it gets silly– after all this, i will still be a …. well, average racer… at best. i just wasn’t blessed with the genetic gifts that i need. and that’s fine, cause you can bet your ass that i’m gonna keep working at it!!!!!!

gotta roll
    dave

CrazyCraig

Wow, did we let this thread die off or what?

First, just to comment on Dave’s last post – I truly believe you are just a few skill improvements away from getting to where you want to be.

After September of last year I let things slide, had some injuries and health problems, etc, but still no excuse. This spring I was my kid’s Tball manager but still no excuse.

I have not raced nearly as much as I did by this point last year, and couple that with a lack of hard core training, and it shows.

I have been working on my core (crunches, etc) and am now able to do 3 sets of 10 vertical leaps pretty well, so I am looking to step that up. I have gotten out to ride, but felt I was having trubs with my mechanics at the start of my sprints.

Finally last night I got out there again, and ripped out some 25yd sprints – 3 sets of 5 – and then ended with 5 rolling 100s. With full gear on nonetheless. Boy did I sweat.

I really tried to focus on perfect circles and attacked the hills on the ride home (just over a mile). I made sure to isolate my thighs and boy did they burn.

I don’t feel too bad today and will get in a small recovery ride tonight.

s4lnj

training has been all over the place– work is super busy, busy at home and been battling injuries over and over– can’t seem to get away from them.

bmiddaugh

As long as Dave’s welding hand is primed and ready we will be good to go baby…. —

s4lnj

As long as Dave’s welding hand is primed and ready we will be good to go baby…. Wink

actually talked to george yesterday

bmiddaugh

He told me man. Yea looks like a few guys have stuff in the works..
    HA HA mugs 2008 is gonna be even crazier.
    C R A Z I E R!!!

CWCCRIDER

welding up something crazy 🙄 🙄 what are you guys up to

bmiddaugh

Dave’s gonna weld some promotional material…

CWCCRIDER

I was thinking a tandem bike or a side hack or something 😆 😆

CrazyCraig

…getting back on topic…

In my last post I mentioned “rippin” out some sprints. After this past weekend, I find that “rippin” was an appropriate word because I was trying to “rip” my crank off on the first pedal. Not good. Luckily we are back on track now

For those of you still sore after this weekend, if you were like me, you completely did nothing yesterday, pretty much because you couldn’t. Today I was still plenty sore in the thighs, but did my 15 minutes of stretching and it actually made me feel better, and I am walking a little better now, too.

As per our after clinic session, I plan on getting in a nice ride tonight, but strictly for recovery purposes, no sprints, etc. Tomorrow we get on it as per the plan. Might even get down to Flemington tomorrow night.

Last year this thread trailed off, this year lets keep it going!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.